() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Mental Epic Slate Painted by Mr. Magic Trick
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
PKZ ParkZone Sport Cub PNP PKZ6875 AirplaneHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Alliance Deck Arena Grand Melee World of WarcraftMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Aquarius Smithsonian Rosie The Riveter Gen 2 Tin Fun Box Novelty by Aquarius nnwqcu456-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Faller 120129 Loading Crane by FallerYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Hubsan X4 Star H507A RC Quadcopter Spare Parts Body Shell Cover H507A01 for App Compatible WiFi FPV with 720P GPS Drone Toys.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
HOMYL Funny Astronaut Inflatable Costume Mascot Cosplay Fancy Dress Outfit Adult
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Voicebooster Icomm Imperial Communication System Static Burst Effect Like Stormtrooper are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Copic BV34S Sketch Sketch Marker bluee BellThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Pokemon Card game PKSM2L055 Mao SR
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Laliva BS3228A 4 in 1 ESC _32 32 Bits 32bit 28A 4in1 ESC 24S for PWM Multishot Oneshot DSHOT RC FPV Multiaxis Drone The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Laliva Nose Landing Gear System for Model Futura Jet Model FMS095A medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Hobbyboss 1 48 A4EskyhawkMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Tobar 1 18 Scale SF15T 2015 Season Model Car
- BelleAckerman Faux Fur Throw Blanket African Woman,Teenage Girl Pretty Face Profile Abstract Sunset Calm Evening, orange Salmon Dark Brown Soft, Fuzzy, Cozy, Lightweight Blankets 60 x62
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Mauve Expo International Products goldPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.Tresbon Products Dragon Ball Z and Zelda Anime Backpacks with Free Dragon Ball Star Keychain Boys Girls Teenagers (orange) The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Pinta Panamanian Flag Cub Cool School Book Bag Backpacks for Girl's Boy's Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Eye frog [medium] CYCY Bag female Korean version ulzzang student campus backpack cartoon cute monster cute canvas backpack single eye frog [large]
- Marble sound tree wood with glass marbles
- Knitting Thread Trad Jute Blend 25 g 62 m Col. 101 5 Ball Set
- Skylanders Trap Team Trap Crystal Tech Hand by Activision
- Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Character Gift Collection Birthday Gift 17CM YDOZ
- DC Comics JUN180603 Vinyl Figure, Various
- RENJUN Toy Model Anime Character One Piece Decoration Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Gifts Thief Boat White Beard Pirate Ship 11.7cm Toys Model
- Generic 4Pcs Set RC Crawler Trucks Wheel Rim & Tyre Tires with Screws 1 10 Scale Models OffRoad HSP HPI HIMOTO Tamiya Traxxas Kyosho 210055
- Multi 1 Twin Size Teen Room Decor Duvet Cover Set Soccer Field Grass Motif Stadium Game Match Winner Sports Area Print 3 Piece Decorative Bedding Sets with 2 Pillow Shams Twin Size, Fern Green White
- Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru Konoe Tsuruma Vol. 1 PVC Figure
- Col 016 1KG Shengjuanfeng Yarn knitting yarn medium Fine hand crochet coat scarf yarn 1 5.5 NM multicolor selectable 1 kg (color COL 058, UnitCount 1KG)
- yellowe Skelett Handschuhe Halloween für Erwachsene
- Bachmann Trains Ground Cover Moss Green Coarse
- Generic WPL B36 Ural 1 16 2.4G 6WD RC Car Military Truck Rock Crawler Command Communication Vehicle Toy Auto Army Trucks RTR
- Spooky Spider Cross Stitch Kit
- Game Day Lokai Bracelet University of Tennessee Size Small
- Busch 5907 Cnstrctn blnkrs w cntrl HO Scale Scenery Kit
- Laliva Strech X5 Freestyle FPV Frame 6mm Arm Racing Quadcopter Frame Kit Like X5 JohnnyFPV Edition for 5 inch Prop 22XX Motor
- Puzzle House Basketball Super Star, Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles, Kobe Bryant Black Manba, Basswood Perfect Cut & Fit, 500 1000 1500 Pieces Boxed Photography Toys Game Art Painting for Adults & Kids 424
- HeuSa Tech Tailor's dummy Female Beige patterned
- Peaceful Retreat A 300 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle By SunsOut
- Mezco Toyz Mezco Living Dead Dolls Toy Soldier, 10Inch
- Lucy Cat Plush Animal Toy, Spotted Brown
- Muse color quality pack B4 standard green 100 input (japan import)
- Folat 21741 Captain Costume for Men (XLarge 2XLarge)
- Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Music Play Guitar 4 Real Guitar String 24 Inches long Ukulele Size Kids Toy Gift
- White JanSport Rucksack Big Student Asphalt wild at heart One Size
- Matchbox On A Mission Construction Zone by Matchbox
- W15Y8 Home Decoration Modern Canvas Hd Printed Abstract Tree Landscape Wall Art Painting For Living Room Framed Modular Picture50X75Cmx3 No Frame
- CreateAScene Magnetic Playset School Room
- F.X. Schmid 2000 Peice 'Home Again' by F.X. Schmid
- NewPath Learning Animal and Plant Cell Structure Multimedia Lesson, Single User License, Grade 610
- Ben 10 Ultimate Alien 4 Action Figure Rath Haywire (orange Variant VHTF) Includes Minifigure
- ArtWall 'Farmville' Unwrapped Flat Canvas Art by Gene Foust, 16 by 28Inch
- Khaki home Night Square Kids Pillowcase Lonely Tree Crescent Moon Square Zippered Pillowcase Cushion Cases Pillowcases for Sofa Bedroom Car W 24 x L 24 2 pcs
- Beistle Congrats Graduate Peel 'N Place Stickers, 12Inch by 24Inch
- Generic Rc Helicopter X12 Drone Quadcopter with Camera WiFi FPV 2.4G One Key Return Helicopter with HD Camera Toys VS E58 Dron Black
- VpinkLVHOME Pink Floral Duvet Cover Set Twin Size Cute Blooming Flowers On Abstract Artsy Geometric Shapes,Decorative 2 Piece Bedding Set with 1 Pillow Sham,Pale Olive Green Pink Pastel Pink
- WWE Vinyl Aggression DGeneration X (green DX) 3 inch
- Mayflower Products PJ Masks 3rd Birthday Party Supplies 16 Guest Kit and Balloon Bouquet Decorations 96pc
- NewThangKa California Queen Bed Sheet Sets, Jellyfish Duvet Cover Set, Aqua colors Art Ocean Animal Print Sketch Style Creative Sea Marine Theme, Include 1 Duvet Cover 1 Bed Sheet and 2 Pillow Cases
- Anyangeight Halloween Throw Blanket Trick or Treat Dead Forest with Spooky Tree Graves Big Kids Cartoon Art Print,Super Soft and Comfortable,Suitable for Sofas,Chairs,beds
- Fun Costumes Seven Seas Sweetie Plus Size Women's Fancy dress costume 3X
- Khaki home Pug Square Kids Pillowcase Happy Dog Listening Music Square Standard Pillowcase Cushion Cases Pillowcases for Sofa Bedroom Car W 24 x L 24 2 pcs
- YeahiBaby Cartoon Percussion Toy EightTone Hand Knocking on Piano Hand Knock Glockenspiel Kids Infants Musical Toy
- DOMESPACE Yellow Mgoldcco Geometric Patterned Flannel Throw Blanket 49x59inch Lightweight Plush Microfiber Fleece Comfy Gift Blankets for Chair Bed Couch
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- SIF EX Ikki Tousen Kanu Uncho [1 7 Scale PVC]
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Penao Corvette Muscle Car Simulation alloy car model, car model, car ornaments, ratio 1 24 This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Official Disney Frozen 30cm Anna Classic Doll with RingYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Move2Play Talkin' Sports Hilariously Interactive Toy Sports Balls with Music and Sound FX for Kids and Toddlers Bundle Set.Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Gquan Necklaces S925 Sterling Silver Clavicle Chain Triangle Pendant Lettering Necklace Ladies jewelry