() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Light Grey Backpack Casual School Bag Nekomimi Cat Ear Backpack Light Grey with Dots Japan Import
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
THE PUZZLEMAN TOYS W1171 Wooden Educational Jig Saw Puzzle RoosterHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Dragon Quest hero of the great adventure adventure die Collection 10 ZaboeraMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Portable Pocket Guitar Hand Chord Conversion Finger Trainer Mini Guitar Trainer nnwqcu2322-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Bronzite 8mm Malahill semiprecious Stone Beads for Jewelry Making, Sold per Bag 5 Strands Inside (Labradorite A, 8mm)You can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Odin Sphere & Princess Crown Trading Figures Game Characters Collection Mini 2 Figure [ONE Random Figure] by MegaHouse.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Ghostbusters The Board Game
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at TY Beanie Babies Hollyhorse by Ty are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Toy Biz Annihilus Fantastic Four Animated SeriesThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Stupell Industries Home Yellow Botanical Succulent Bloom Painting Stretched Canvas Wall Art, Multicolor
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Royal Vampire Girls Costume Size S The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. C.R. Gibson Crazy Crocodile Shaped Puzzle by CR Gibson dba Lisa FrankA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. SODIAL Play Tent Toy Portable Foldable Ball Pool Pit Indoor Outdoor Simulation House Black and White Tent Gifts Toys for KidsMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- WGXCC Swans Lake Landscape Diy Digital Paintng By Numbers Modern Wall Art Picture Canvas Painting Baby Girl Room Decor 60X75Cm
- SD Gundam world complete box vol.2 (japan import)
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Ollio Women's Ballet shoes Floral Lace Breathable Flat ZM1022(8.5 B(M) US Grey)Perhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.Generic 1 16 RC Cars DoubleSided Twisted Walking AntiSqueezing Two Transformation Modes Remote Control Toys Car Gifts Green The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Ihubdeal XL 3 in 1 Kids Activity Table Building Blocks and Chair Set Sand Table Craft Table Building Brick Table with Storage Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- RLF HOME 10309SG Summit Diamond Sage Cornice Valance
- Haodasi Lens Filters for DJI Mavic Air UV+CPL+ND4+ND8+ND16+ND32 Accessory Filters Kit Multilayer Coated Neutral Density High Definition
- Power Rangers Megaforce Dx Gosei Megazord
- Hornby P9300 Digital 15 V 4 Amp Transformer
- BOOK RINGS 1 1 2 50 PER PACK by Hygloss
- CQOZ Anime Cartoon Arthur Game Character Model Statue High 25cm Toy Decorations Gifts Collections Birthday Gifts Character statue
- Best Vehicle, Colour White, BEST9666
- Ghoulish Productions Deluxe Chameleon Full Overhead Mask Adult Size
- Mayanyan Double shoulder bag Korean fashion trend Backpack travel computer backpack student print Schoolbag lady
- The Amazing SpiderMan Movie Stalking Spidey White TShirt XL
- XavieraDoherty Flannel Throw Blanket,Dinosaur,Happy Birthday Theme Cute Newborn Dinosaur Sleeping Cracked Egg Fantasy Fun,Eggshell Tan,for Bed & Couch Sofa Easy Care 50 x60
- Generic RC Car 4WD 2.4GHz MultiTerrain Vehicle One Key Transformation DoubleSided Driving Car Remote Control Car Toys Y1 Foam Box
- Generic HSP Racing 1 10 Scale Model Nitro Power 4wd Off Road Monster Truck 94188 Pivot Ball Suspension Two Gears High Speed Hobby Rc Car 88023
- Musical Instrument Reed Fibracell FCSSP2.5 Premier Soprano Sax Reed 2.5
- TERABITHIA 20inch Real Life Full Body Silicone Reborn Baby Boy Dolls,A Moment in My Arms, Forever in My Heart
- Lstyle Lshaft InBetween Silent Spin Straight Carbon Clear Black 260 Dart Shaft Set of 3
- [Bonbonribbon] Coin case Coin Put Purple
- Green One Size WEII Solid Wood Stool Home Living Room Fabric Coffee Table Stool Simple Sofa Bench shoes Bench
- Gemini Jets Austrian (Star Alliance) A320200 1 400 Scale
- Culater Black White ABS Double Camera Optical Flow Trajectory Flight Aerial LongLife FourAxis Aircraft Gesture Photo Remote Control Drone
- Expressions Game for Dementia and Alzheimer's by Keeping Busy for Older Adults
- Trademark Fine Art Fern I Art by E. J. Lowe, 14x19
- Zen Garden Full Size 4pc Bedding Set, Pink Flower Spa Stones and Bamboo Tree on The Water Relaxation Theraphy Peace Floral Lightweight Microfiber Duvet Cover Set, Multicolor
- Global Brands Online Household Portable Plastic Stool Chair bluee pink Skid Step Stool Thickened Little Bench
- Hobby King Full Metal Servoless Retract with Oleo Legs (Tricycle, Mig 17 type) 901.20 class
- Backpack Casual Large Capacity Canvas Bag Korean Edition Travel (Silver Grey)
- Disney 10582M Plush, Multicolord, 25
- Upgraded Luminous Track Racer Glow in The Dark Roller Coaster Building Entertaining Playset, Car with LED Lights, Gift Fun Toy for Toddlers and Kids (220 Pieces 440 Pieces) (color 1)
- Prettygood7 2DIN 6.6 HD In Dash Car TouchScreen blueetooth Stereo MP3 MP5 Camera
- Days Gone By 750 Piece Puzzle By Asi Pasan Los Dias by Rural Charm
- ModMobiles Set B by Fat Brain Toys
- Red 30w OriginaltreeWideAngle Camera High Definition Aerial Phone Control Aircraft Quadcopter Toy Black 500W
- Funko Vision (Hot Topic Exclusive) POP Marvel x Avengers Infinity War Vinyl Figure + 1 Official Marvel Trading Card Bundle [ 307 29546]
- Guitar Clipon Tuner Digital Tuner Metronome Tone Generator 2 in 1 for Violin Ukulele Bass Universal Tuning Meter USB Rechargeable with LED colorful （Black）
- Nano block surfing Santa Claus NBC_153
- Martin Peters Signed 10x8 Photo Framed England 1966 Memorabilia Autograph + COA
- Plastic Soldier 15mm Pz Kpfw III Ausf F, G & H (WW15011)
- Bright Beats Boogie Boombox Yellow 27 x 25 x 10 cm
- H0 Liebherr Ltm 1050 4 Mobile Crane
- AnJieli 2.4Ghz 4CH 1080P WIFI Optical Flow Dual Camera RC Quadcopter Drone
- Ski primo bread wool yarn BULKY Col. 4206 bluee series 40 g 34 m 5 ball set
- Minichamps Williams Toyota FW30 Race Version 2008 Nico Rosberg 1 43 Scale DieCast Collectors Model
- Rubies 1960's Groovy Hippie Girl Womens Dress S
- MTG Oath of the Gatewatch Fat Pack
- U.S. Toy Jumbo Realistic Tiger, White
- Littlest Pet Shop Hideaway Haven Game
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- Car seat, Safety seat, seat Back Cover, Easy to Carry, Sandwich net, ThreePoint Inssizetion, seat Back Removable,006
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- Bendon 42611Amzb Despicable Me 3 24Page coloring Activity Play Pack (48Count)
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Black And Red pinks Personalised Wedding Stationery Save The Date Cards This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
IPrint Pink Duvet Cover Set,Twin Size,Ethnic Motif Zig Zag Rectangular Lines Modern Design Art Print,Decorative 3 Piece Bedding Set with 2 Pillow Sham,Best Gift for Girls Women,White Black and YellowYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? ArtVerse SMI675MCS1632 Smith Semi Gloss Canvas Stretched, bluee & White, 16 X 32Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Kannagi Nagi (1 7 scale PVC prepainted finished goods)