() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Licensed 2 Play Clip On Domo Tiger Plush by Licensed 2 Play
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
Citadel Base Dryad Bark by Games WorkshopHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Red Bescita RC Toy Car Kids Toy Car1 14 Scale High Speed 22km h 2.4Ghz 4WD Radio Controlled Offroad RC Car RedMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
QWKZH Women Backpacks Fashion School Bag For Teenage Girls Vintage Small Corduroy Backpack Candy color Travel Bags Solid nnuoek589-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. YOYI Travel Blanket Flowers Butterflies and Silhouette of Girl in Floral Dress with BouquFantasy Easy to Carry Blanket 60 x70 You can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the The Alfred Burt Carols Set 1 SATB a cappella by Shawnee Press.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
RC Car Front Bumper, Metal Front Bumper Remote Control Vehicle Metal Accessory for Traxxas TRX4 1 10 Scale RC Crawler Car(Silver)
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Littlest Pet Shop Family Pet Collection are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Pokemon Center Original Plush Doll Ninetales Feunard (Pokemon Go)There are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
ToyThrill Light Up Dancing and Singing Duck Toy – Infant, Baby and Toddler Musical and Educational Toy Walks, Glides and Flaps Wings 6 Songs, Speaking and Sound Effect Modes
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.QINYANHome Soft Travel Blanket(90 x70 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Flower Decor Floral Theme Watercolor Style Effect Poppies Blossom Illustration Fern Green and Scarlet. The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Folklore Folia Garden Card 270 g M² 50 x 70 CM, 5 Pictures 13–Piece Set (1 Set)A medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. CAYYOU DIY picture oil painting by numbers wall decor painting on canvas for home decor pink and red, Framed, 50x60cmMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- DIY Digital Oil Painting Mural Home Decoration Painting coloring Abstract Painting HandPainted HandPainted Landscape Painting Bedroom Painting Oil Painting Frameless, 50X65CM
- Fin Fun Mermaid Tail for Girls, Boys, Kids & Adults Monofin for Swimming Not Included
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
DOCTOR WHO Adult & Infant Fendahleen Loose Action Figure from The Image of FendahlPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.Gucili Student Backpack,3D Avengers Pattern Schoolbag Backpack + Lunch Box + Pencil Case 3 in 1 Set 16 inch Laptop Backpack The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.EBBRO 1 43 avex DOME NSX JGTC 1997 18 bluee White (japan import) Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Syma S111G(Upgrade S107) 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter Copter Drone with Gyro
- Breaking Bad 15cm Deluxe Action Figure Walter White in orange Hazmat Suit
- Manny Pacquiao Signed 16x12 Photo Autograph Champion Memorabilia Display + COA
- Haywire Group Calafant Pirate's Treasure Model Kit with 12 Markers by Haywire Group
- Team Redcat Racing 6124mm Ball Bearings (4pcs) Official Car Parts
- Trademark Fine Art Le Rendez Vous by Fabien Bravin, 12x19
- DC Green Lantern Galactic Scale 10 inch Action Figure Kilowog
- 2 Ounce blueejoy Genuine Pure Natural American blueeGreen Turquoise Rough Stone for Inlay and Jewelry Design (2 Ounce)
- Top Flite the Heat Gun
- Servo Vortex Digital VDS 1106
- Butters 2.2 Kidrobot x South Park MiniFigure by South Park, Kidrobot
- View Master Vintage 1953 Sawyers Inc Original Brown 3D Model E 3Dimension Viewer Original Model Fantastic Condition Fully Working In The Original Box With 4 Sets Of Reels
- Wig Ms .Twotone Gradient Small Roll Short Fake Headgear for Daily Party or Role Playing
- Irish Fairy Door Fairy Door
- Men's sense red Fuji 75 type 35 between (japan import)
- Baosity Baby Doll Strollers Toddler Chair Doll Carrier & Newborn Baby Girl Doll Mold
- 80 Invites & Envelopes Black White Diagonal Stripes gold 40th Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- Hello Kitty Playmat by HiddenSupplies by HiddenSupplies
- Laliva 450 Helicopter Devil 450 Pro V2 FBL PNP Black (color Package2)
- Xaviera Doherty Weighted Blanket for Kids Japanese,Asian Koi Fish Art Soft Summer Cooling Lightweight Bed Blanket 50 x60
- Trademark Fine Art Shoulder Dress Green and Black Artwork by Roderick Stevens, 11 by 11Inch, Matte White Black Frame
- Anime Character Souvenir Crafts Ornament Toy Figurine Model Statue Nendgoldid Action Figure NO GAME NO LIFE 1 Shiro
- Hot Wheels Elite Ferrari 412 T2 J. Alesi Europe GP 1995
- MGA Bratz BeBratz.Com Dark Hair
- Playmat, Monochrome Bordeaux, 61x35cm by Ultimate Guard
- Jranter Dinosaur Costume Inflatable Trex Cosplay Dress Adult Green
- Ravensburger 11128 Europass – The Brightest SMD Bulbs Available Emitting 540 Teile puzzleball
- Eviltailors Jack Rackham Hat Medieval Pirate Hat Made of Leather, 18th Century, Brown, M
- Willow Creek Press WC39781 Just Dogs Puzzle
- Derita cutting mat B4 trace type
- DIEIGEIHAO Creative Simulation Dog Pillow 3d Plush Toy Animal Doll Large Ragdoll Cute Girl Sleeping Doll, 80cm
- Warmfamily Soccer Digital Printing Blanket Soccer Man Kicks The Ball in The Air Watercolors Success Energy Feet Illustration Lightweight Blanket 62 x60 Multicolor
- Deep Pocket Bed Sheet Set,Carnival Girl in Harlequin Costume and Hat Cartoon Fat Tuesday Theme,Yellow Purple Green,Queen Size,Wrinkle Fade Resistant,4Piece Set
- Ladies Long human hair wigs, Womens Light Blonde Fashion Natural Synthetic Braiding Hair Cosplay Party,24inch
- Yellow Sunshine Amscan Disposable Striped Paper Straws Party Tableware 288 Pieces Robin'sEgg bluee
- The Broken Token Eldritch Artifact Crate for Eldritch Horror
- Generic 1 Set Carbon Fiber Reinforcing Plate Damper Hanger Lifting for MA S2 VS AR MS FMA Chassis of Tamiya Mini 4WD Car Model MA
- Petanque Lawn Bowling France Accuracy Game Family Sports by Gymnic
- 2015 Wacky Packages Series 1 Complete 110 Sticker Set + 1 Exclusive Wrapper by Topps
- Adonai Hardware Deuteronomy Brass Handle with pink
- Royal Bobbles James Monroe Bobblehead
- Linen Adda Chocolate 15 Inch Deep Pocket Fitted Bed Sheet Breathable, Premium,Durable Comfortable,Single Fitted Sheet Without Pillowcases Size Split King (39 x 80 )
- Renaissance 2000 Inc 2.5 Red Ribbon, 1 Piece
- Pink Duvet Cover Set,King Size,Different Size Bubbles Pattern Delicate Foam Circular Clean Washing Theme Art,Decorative 3 Piece Bedding Set with 2 Pillow Sham,Best Gift for Girls Women,Pink and White
- Acestar Reborn Baby Doll Realistic Soft Simulation Silicone Vinyl 40cm Indian African Dark Skin 16inch Magnetic Mouth Lifelike Vivid Boy Girl Toy Brown Bear SHI40C002
- Christmas772lgry4183 Full Size 50 x60 Greday Christmas Throw Blankets for Adults Kids Comfort Luxuriously Soft Throw Blanket AllSeasons Couch Blanket or Bed Throw,Full Size 50 x60
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- KING Snapback Fashion Embroidered Snapback Caps HipHop Hats
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- Power Rangers Super Megaforce Mystic Force Legendary Ranger Key Pack, Red Green Yellow
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Webkinz Lil Peanut Pup Plush by Webkinz This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Trademark Fine Art Dark & Dreamy II by Renée W. Stramel, 14x19You will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? SPM DX2E ACTIVE 2Ch DSMR Radio w SR310 (SPM2335)Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Japan Kids Toys Anpanman it go Kgoldron Park Kgoldron lumps noisily Friends AF27