() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Handcrafted Model Ships Chrome Wenches Sign Chrome Sign Beach Theme Pirate Decoration
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
Limit Sport Size M Santa 5 Trousers Belt Hat Frock BootsHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Nikko Drone Remote Controlled Quadcopter Kids RC Gift Air Mini Sky Explor 22622Most students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Doh basic RS Cosplay Black Rock Shooter Parker BLACKROCK PERKER L [empty edge Corps] (japan import) size B nnxyhp856-Adults
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Kids Bed Sheets, Natural Soft Cotton 3D Dragon Ball Fitted Sheet for Boys and Girls with Flat SheetYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the A5 doublesided Pearl or Textured card Made by Mika Personalised Christening invitations BEIGE PINK blueE BUNTING FREE DRAFT & FREE ENVELOPES (50, A5 doublesided Pearl or Textured card).
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Dr. Seuss The GRINCH Who Stole Christmas 14 GRINCH Plush Doll
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at AluminiumDibond image 100 x 40 cm Tuscany, landscape , image on a AluminiumDibond are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Racing Champions Chace the Race Jim Dunn (gold Chrome Chase Car) by Racing ChampionsThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
DIY Dollhouse Kit Miniature with Furniture，Yuya’s time Wooden Dollhouse Leichte Zeit with Led Light，Creative Room Perfect DIY Gift for Friends,Without Dust Cover
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Disney Frozen Play A Melody Gown Elsa Baby Doll The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Led bluee Light Beatie LED Flashing DJ Marshmello Mask Marshmello Full Head Helmet Cosplay Mask Props for Kids & AdultA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Batman Begins Batcycle and Figure by Hot WheelsMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- 68 Cm Long Can Not Be Inserted Pink DONGER Toy Doll Doll Warm Hand Pillow Fat Hamster Cute Bed Girl Inserts Sleeping To Hold Tortoise Girl, Dark Brown, Length 48 Cm Can Not Be Inserted
- YuGiOh The Flute of Summoning Kuriboh (RYMPEN022) Ra Yellow MegaPack...
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
AWAKMER Hamburger Shape Cycling Bicycle Alloy AntiTheft Folding Chain Lock For Mountain Bike Road BikePerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.CS11 Plarail Chatsworth (Plarail Model Train) (japan import) The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.ALEX Toys Crush & Slush Sno Cone Maker by ALEX Toys Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Hurdy Gurdy Music Box Tune When You Wish Upon a Star by Music Treasures Co.
- Simply for Kids Loopfiets Diego
- bluee One Size Lounayy Backpack Student in School Backpack Rucksack Travel Kids Backpack Laptop Waterproof Bag Outdoors Student Bag College (color Black, Size One Size)
- Red Tv 106 Willower Creative Violin, Piano, Guitar, Handicraft, Home Jewelry Model,Army Green golden Retro Balance
- Webkinz Arctic Polar Bear by Ganz [Toy]
- Trademark Fine Art 1X07220C1219GG Fine Art, 12x19Inch, Multicolor
- HCFSUK Outdoor Folding Chair Portable Fishing Stool Art Student Sketch Travel Small Pony Beach Lined Up Small Bench Medium Structure Solid Material Thick Double Layer Fabric Durable,G
- Humor (for Sword) (Mustard color)
- KLEDDP Toy Model Anime Character Qilongzhu Budo Conference Decoration Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Fried Rice Adults 21cm Toy statue
- AndyTours Winter Quilt Isabella Retro Style Cartoon Reversible Blanket for Bed and Couch W59 x L31
- Return of Supergirl Superman 6.75 Figure by Diamond Comic Distributors
- 1 350 WWII U.S. Navy destroyer for (TM3504) (japan import)
- The Home Stupell Home Decor Collection Layered Sport Hanging Wooden Initial, E, 18
- Owaheson Swing Platform Toning Fitness Casual Walking shoes Wedge Sneaker Women United We Stand Kentucky Flag
- Family Games Nonagon The Museum Collection Paradigm Puzzles
- Shuo lan hu wai Yarn knitting thread Autumn Winter 1 ball About 50 g 1 1.4 NM Medium Thick Hand Series Hat Thread Scarf Thread 10 Ball Set Multicolor Selectable (color Col 02, UnitCount 20 balls)
- Apli Apli14534 Design by Martina Hogan Sticker Game in Tin Box
- Uni Ballpoint Pen Jetstream 3 color Black Red bluee Ink 0.5mm Transparent Black (SXE340005T.24)
- Jeremysport Unisex TrendyMax Galaxy Pattern Grade Backpack for Elementary Kids
- Shisky Cosplay Women's Clothing, Halloween Party Costume Role Play Spider Witch Stage Performance Costume
- 1 2Mtr 150cmx50cm Luxury 100% Cotton Heavy Canvas Fabric Craft Material LT TAUPE
- Audi Q7 White 1 18 Welly 18032
- 80 Invites & Envelopes Green Unicorn Party Thank You Cards
- Nauticalmart Floor Standing Solid Brass Wood Griffith Astro Telescope 64
- The Home Depot Kids Workshop Helmet Bookends by Home Depot
- C 35x240cm(14x94inch) DHSNJKL Table runner table flag bed tail flagB 35x220cm(14x87inch)
- 4 Pcs 1407 Motor Purple HGLRC 4 PCS Flame 1407 Brushless Motor 3600KV 34S bluee Motor for FPV Multicopter Quadcopter
- Silhouette hip holster (made of leather Black) No.229BK Detonikusu defender only
- Purple bluee Martini Cocktail Personalised Party Thank You Cards
- Single Balloon InterBalloon Helium Inflated 34 Number 5 bluee Megaloon Balloon Delivered in a Box with 4 Extra Balloons of your choice
- Fashion Angels Darn Yarn Hat Scarf Kit by Fashion Angels
- Men M 810 Homelex Christmas Elf Costume Adult Men and Women Velvet Complete Costume Kit
- Trademark Fine Art IC01397C1419GG Bishop 15 Design Fabrikken, 14x19, Multiple
- Fishin'Opoly by Late for the Sky [Toy]
- Aluminum Tow Shackle Hook Receiver Hitch Trailer for Axial SCX10 1 10 RC Crawler Black
- Rumscratch Dwarf Wereshshark 03493 by Reaper
- Kids Toddlers HOT Seller (Bonus PEZ ) The Black Series Titanium Series Imperial Death Trooper and Rebel Commando Helmets Star Wars Bundle of 2
- Great Eastern Mega Man 10 Predo Man Plush, 9 by Great Eastern
- HUANZI HZ Tablecloth 3D colord Balls Digital Printing Dustproof Dinner Desktop Top Cover Rectangular, rectangle wide 152cmx long 228cm
- Barbie doll Chelsea and her Pony
- Aori Realistic Baby Doll 22 Inch Lifelike Weighted Reborn Baby Girl Doll with Pink Kitty Clothes and Accessories
- Jacquard Jac Exciter Pinata Paint Pack
- YuGiOh Graceful Dice (EDS002) Eternal Duelist Soul GBA Promo Promo ...
- Fairtex Muay Thai Shin Guards SP7 Black Shin Predection for Muay Thia MMA K1
- Mouchao 22 Inch Smile Face Reborn Baby Dolls Alive Lifelike Dolls Realistic Bebe Toy
- Marvel MiniMates The Incredible Hulk Movie 2Pack Battle Damaged Hulk and General Ross
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- FisherPrice Bob The Builder, TwoTonne Transporter
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- Walt Disney World Haunted Mansion Vinylmation Series 2 Toy Figure Checked Box Bust
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Melissa & Doug Top And Bake Wooden Pizza Counter Play Food Set (Pretend Play, Helps Support Cognitive Development, 34 Pieces, 7.75 H X 9.25 W X 13.25 L) This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Shield Blitz Captain America The Winter Soldier Action FigureYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Cryptozoic Entertainment APR168616 ghostbusters Toy's, Bayberry Fly, OSFMDo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Iron Man Marvel Arc Reactor Magnetic Pin Replica