() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Zodiac Gemini Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket Young Teenage Girl on Pink Looking at Herself in The Mirror Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch 60 x50 Purple Pale Pink and White
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
Disney Youth Cars Folding Chair with Armrest and Cup HolderHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Aladdin Lunch Napkins (16ct) by AladdinMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Hallmark Valentine's Day 2014 VTD1429 Disney Happy Hearts Mickey Itty Bitty Plush nnuwas1789-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Dancing Dolphin Fancy Pals Pet Carrier by Aurora WorldYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Piko 54706 DB G20 Van IV.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Flicker Audubon Plush Bird (Authentic Bird Sound) by Wild Republic
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Amigami Large Set Elephant with Colour Guide Paper are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. TIBETAN TERRIER Made in U.K Artistic Style Dog Clutch Lapel Pin Collection 22ct gold Plated by DOG ARTS JPThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Intermediate bluee Testors Acrylic Plastic Model Paint by Testor Corp.
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.3 Balloon Bouquet InterBalloon Helium Inflated 34 Number 3 pink gold Megaloon Balloon Delivered in a Box with 4 Extra Balloons of your choice The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Bean Bags 3 X 3 12pk Nylon cover by Dick Martin SportsA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. PlayDoh DohVinci Deluxe color Collection Art Set Brand (Amazon Exclusive)Many medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Tales From the Cryptkeeper Gargoyle figure by Ace Novelty
- Pink S Puppy Angel Venus Smile Together Pink
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
TONGTONG Drone, remote quadaxis aircraft, with 720P HD wifi live video wireless camera auto hover height hold 3D flip headless modePerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.LILINA 4In1 MultiFunction Inflatable Hammock (Saddle, Recliner, Hammock, Drifter) Portable Pool Float, Striped OnePiece The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Amyove Hubsan H107L RC Quadcopter Mini UFO Drone with LED RTF Battery Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- All For color Cotton Blossom Smart Phone ID Wristlet
- Scooby Doo 1st Birthday Party Supplies and Balloon Decorations
- Mattel, MOTU MOTUC, HeMan SheRa Classics, Sweet Bee Figure
- Crazy Genie Llama Alpaca Hug Plush Pillow Cushion Soft Toy Doll Furnishing Gift (red) by Crazy Genie
- SYFO Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Characters Collection Decoration Birthday Gift 13CM Anime model (color B)
- In The Night Garden XL (50cm) Talking Makka Pakka Soft Toy
- 14x19 Trademark Fine Art IC01711C1419GG Feather 08 by Incado, 14x19, Multiple
- Small World Toys Tech Art 3D Printing Pen Studio Fantasy
- Anzhutwelve Plush Blanket Zombie,Evil Unicorn Myth Plush Microfiber Blanket W70 x L50 inch
- YHDD Small bench solid wood small chair sofa stool stool low stool square stool multifunctional seat home stool (PATTERN Kitten)
- Create Big Idea Collaboration Book for Pencil, Ink, Marker and Charcoal. Great for Creative Collaboration in Office Areas and Meeting Rooms. (Big 12 x 18 (50 Pages))
- Doctor Who Dalek with Flame Thrower loose figure
- Pink Duvet Cover Set,Queen Size,Tropical Nature Cute Pattern Hibiscus Pineapple Exotic Leaves Decorative,Decorative 3 Piece Bedding Set with 2 Pillow Sham,Best Gift For Girls Women,Pink Yellow Dark Bl
- Loungefly Dr. Seuss Oh The Places You'll Go Backpack
- Trademark Fine Art 1X10144C1419GG Leaning on The Balcony by Omer Ates Kzltug, 14x19, Multiple
- Tamiya 61084 1 48 Nakajima Night Fighter Gekko Type 11 Early
- We R Memory Keepers 2Inch by 2Inch Die, Pilgrim Boy by QUICKUTZ
- Seraph of The End Shinoa Hiragi Military Uniform Cosplay Costume Boots Boot shoes shoes
- Step2 Summer Showers Splash Tower Water Table
- Gibbon Slackline 15m Classic X13 Set 50mm Tight Rope 13840 + Tukeke Hammock
- Takom 1 35 2098 Panther Ausf. A midearly prod. full interior
- Airbrush Light Series No.01 spar Max air brush SX0.3D 74801
- Generic GARTT 500 Metal Tail Holder Belt Version Edition compat Algin Trex 500 RC Helicopter
- Black Creations Sin City A Dame to Kill For 6 Movie Poster Canvas Picture Art Print Premium Quality A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 (A0 Canvas (30 40))
- Messenger Bag Disney Tinkerbell Forest Black New School Book Bag 616762
- Mercurius Blackboard Chalk White 12 pcs
- Trademark Fine Art Harvest Day I Wall Decor by Tim Otoole, 12x19
- Furryville Theater Collection The Bunningtons in the Garden
- North Yemen (Arab republic.) block1 (complete.issue.) 1960 Refugees (Stamps for collectors)
- Star Wars Finn (Jakku) Figure
- Matchbox Outdoor Adventure Jeep Rescue Concept 9 12 by Matchbox
- Popular Playthings Playstix Super Set
- The Home Fusion Company Marvel Spiderman Foldable Canteen Water Drinks Bottle Lunch Box Carabiner Clip
- SCOCICI SuperThick Flannel Warm Sofa or Bed Blanket,House Decor,Ornament of Decorative Medallion Shapes Bordered with Small Wildflowers,39.37 W x 59.06 H
- 18CM=7.09inch ATHENAIE pink Red Single Braided Leather 925 Sterling Silver Charm Bracelet (20CM=7.87inch)
- Pullip Dolls Harley Quinn 12 Fashion Doll (japan import)
- DIY Miniature Dollhouse Luxurious 3 Layers Cottage Without DustProof Cover for Forever & Always Valentine's Day Birthday Gift
- Revell 1 48 Scale Eurofighter Typhoontwin Seater
- EinO's Magical Effects Box Kit by TEDCO
- Art Wall Paul Gauguin 'Matamoe Landscape with Peacocks' Unwrapped Canvas, Flat 22 x 18
- Warm Microfiber All Season Blanket (90 x70 ) Throw Size for Kids Boys Women Men All SeasonEiffel Tower Decor Sunrise in Paris with Eiffel Tower Holidays Getaways Decorative Scenic Picture.
- My Little Pony Equestria Girl Motocross Bike
- 80 Invites & Envelopes Colour Splash Trampoline Party Thank You Cards
- Movie Masterpiece The Dark Knight Rises Catwoman Selina Kyle (second production)
- Funko Mega Construx Call of Duty Building Set (82 Piece)
- Roylco 96203 PreCut Circle color Diffusing Paper, 2.3 Height, 9.7 Width, 18 Length, White (Pack of 100)
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- Playmobil® Space 2pcs. Set 9487 9491 Mars Station + Mars Trike
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- Great Eastern Entertainment Girls Sailor Moon School Kisslock Hinge Wallet by Great Eastern Entertainment
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Toy Cubby Plastic colorful Retractable Mini Shuttle Pens 24 Pcs This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Helmet ZJING Electric Motorcycle Car Four Seasons Men's Women's Half Summer Sunscreen Double Lens (color A, Size L)You will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Emvency Decorative Throw Blanket 50 x 60 Inches Cute Baby with Little Bunny Cartoon Animal Boy Funny with Rabbit with Whiskers Warm Flannel Soft Blanket for Couch Sofa BedDo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Bburago Fiat 500 Abarth (2008) Diecast Model Car