() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?FidgetGear Super Big 1995 Godzilla Crimson Mode PVC Painted Figure Statue 33”L 18 H
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
EuroGraphics Ice Cream Pops 100Piece PuzzleHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Batman Legends Of Batman Furture Batman With Pop up Aero Power Wings By Kenner in 1994Most students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
FisherPrice Jumperoo Pink Petals nnmwcs56-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Hamanaka satin ribbon double type H701009008 (japan import)You can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Roden 1 144 Vickers Super VC10 Type 1154 East African Airways RO329 Brand New.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Pattern Block Sudoku by Didax Educational Resources
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Little Tikes Scoot Around Animal RideOn Rhino are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Shadowverse Beatrix Undying bluee Card Game Character Mat Sleeves Collection MT510 Anime ArtThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Laliva OliYin DIY JR color 26 26AWG Servo Extension Cable Flat 3P Cable 50M Volume Without Connector FUTABA Universal 30 Coresx0.08
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Multi 10 60 W x 80 L Emvency Throw Blanket Warm Cozy Print Flannel Doodle GRL Pwr Girl Power Hand Lettering Artistic Brush Comfortable Soft for Bed Sofa and Couch 60x80 Inches The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. LIWEIXKY coloring By Numbers Wall Decor Fashion Poster Gift DIY Oil Painting By Numbers Animal Tiger Canvas Pictures For Living Room Frameless 50x60cmA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Joe Foreman Amazonite Beads for Jewelry Making Natural Semi Precious Gemstone 12mm Round Strand 15 Many medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Green Tree Jewelry Single Toggle Natural Wood Light Switch Plate
- Min Woo over mascot bluee dress (japan import)
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
10 Pair HQ Prop DP 5x4.3x3 V1S TriBlade 3 Blade Propellers Props for FPV Racing PinkPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.DMC 6Strand Embroidery Cotton Floss, Very Dark Sea Green The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Star Wars Episode I Action Fleet Electronic Fambaa Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Body (Cal Mart alpha 40 trainer Red) (japan import)
- Echo Park Paper Company Echo Park Stamp 4 X6 Sunny Days
- LQY PU Footstool,Creative Sofa Bench,Living Room Small Step Stool,Vanity Stool, Wooden Frame,Household Rest Stool,orange,M
- Ladies Costume SWAT Policewoman Dress with Basecap Police Uniform America Carnival (XXL 3XL) (L)
- Good Smile Company M06504 Figma Tokitsukaze Figure
- Florenza The Card Game
- VBFFS FPV RC Drone With Hd WIFI 720p Camera, 2.4G 6axis Gyro Mini Quadcopter For Kids & Beginners Altitude Hold, One Key Start, Foldable Arms, Headless Mode Ballistic Flight Selfie Compatible
- 1 6 Momoko Doll Early Spring Marina
- TERABITHIA 22 inch Real Life Reborn Baby Doll,Mouse Baby,Girl Doll Handcrafted in SiliconeLike Vinyl Full Body
- Skin Compatible with Razor Share Scooter Solid White MightySkins Predective, Durable, and Unique Vinyl Decal wrap Cover Easy to Apply, Remove, and Change Styles Made in The USA
- Gosu Kamakor Game by Asmodee Editions
- RC Body Set Mugen CRX PRO
- Eduard Accessories 33172 Revell Model Accessories Spitfire Mk. Ixc
- Madame Alexander Middleton Doll Newborn Baby Lavender African American
- YEHO Art Gallery 49x59 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft ThrowBlankets for Kids Adult,Greeb Pineapple Fruits Pattern,Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch Home Decor
- Bronco 1 35 WWII US ARMY M3A1 37mm ANTI TANK GUN CB35147
- Silk & Cane Magic Tricks Silk To Four Bouqets
- Czerny in All Keys, Level 2 Book
- BelleAckerman Printed Blanket,Graffiti,Cute Cartoon Animals Stars Fish Skulls Cat Bird Figures on Brick Wall Kids Design,Multicolor,300GSM,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 50 x70
- (Burgundy.) JanSport Rucksack Big Student Asphalt wild at heart One Size
- YuGiOh LCGXEN207 1st Ed Ice Queen Ultra Rare Card ( Legendary Collection 2 YuGiOh Single Card ) by Deckboosters
- Prettyia 27 Inch Waterproof Durable Ukulele Cotton Case Bag for 21 23 26 Inch with Ukulele Neck Shoulder Belt Strap Dark bluee
- Generic Profession PDB Power Distribution Board for QAV250 Quadcopter NAZE32 CC3D DIY
- Simple greenical Stripes Twin Size 4 Piece Bedding Set, Ultra Soft Microfiber Lightweight Microfiber Duvet
- DC Dice Masters Justic League Starter Set by WizKids
- KARE AND KIND SUPER LARGE 3 LED Handheld Magnifier Reading Magnifying Glass Lens Jewelry Loupe with two level glasses lens 1.8X138MM;5X25MM
- Baby Play Mat Round, NonSlip Cotton Gym Play Mat Toy Storage Washable Crawling Mat 120 140cm
- Pink Mueslii Unisex Rc1 Minii Casual Daypack
- LIWEIXKY Women Tree DIY Painting By Numbers Wall Art Painting & Calligraphy Hand Painted Oil Painting For Home Decor Framed 50x60cm
- Sportagraphs Ronan O'Gara SIGNED 10X8 FRAMED Photo Autograph Display Ireland AFTAL & COA PERFECT GIFT
- King of new beetles Mushiking V Gage & card set lightning
- Sphero Mini App Enabled Robot, White
- Generic Wltoys K969 1 28 Scale 30KM H High Speed Mini RC Car 2.4G 4WD RTR Brushed Remote Control Car RC Drift Car Voiture Telecommande
- Black Jeep Wrangler Sahara 1 18 Scale Die Cast Car
- EDTara Lens Filters Air Lens Filters Kit Multifunctional Lens Filter Sunhood for MAVIC AIR
- Disney The Lion King Talking Pumba Mini Plush
- Classic Set Champion Sports Horseshoe Set Traditional Outdoor Lawn Game Includes Four Professional Solid Steel Horseshoes with Solid Steel Stakes & Carrying Storage Case
- BCreative Halloween Women's Day Of The Dead Scary Mary Fancy Dress Costume Halloween Horror Fun (LARGE UK 1618)
- Diplodocus Dinosaur Adults Morph Inflatable Costume
- Pgoldro Happy First Aid Kit 4.72X6.65X4.02Inches
- ETH Adult Male And Female Silicone Drop Ear Predection Waterproof Swimming Cap Long Hair + Antifog Goggles Nontoxic (color Black)
- 30 Green Monster Puppet, Full Body Ventriloquist Style Puppet
- Little Armory LA041 Water Gun B2 orange × Clear bluee Plastic
- 2 Pair Versions and Glass Stones 25 x 18 mm for Cuff Links to Tinker DIY from Craft Express
- Wake In Cloud Striped Comforter Set, White Stripes Ticking Pattern Printed on Navy bluee, Soft Microfiber Bedding (3pcs, Twin Size)
- Funko POP Plush Regular Heroes Harley Quinn Toy Figure by FunKo
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- O.S. Engines 72106430 M2000 Exhaust Manifold Vehicle Part
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- BUNDLE of 3 Red Dragon Inn Character Expansion Decks Cormac, Ozrik, and Bredher Bastian Wave 2 and a Treasure Chest Pin Back Button
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.GreenBrier Games Vengeance Board Game Board Games This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Minitsch [email protected] Futami Ami acrylic key ringYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Laliva Hollow Handle Hex Screw Driver Tools Kit Nut Drivers Flat Head Screw Driver Tools Kit Set Phillips Screwdriver Tools Kit Set (color Yellow)Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.bluee deAO Baby Playpen and Ball Pit Set for Indoor Baby & Toddler Safety Play Area Gate with 50 Balls Included (Pink Hexagon)