() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?YANGXYE Adult Easy Energetic 10.2in Toy Nontoxic Suction Cup
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
OTC Figur Princess Leia Slave redJ 33Herzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. 40 Water Sports Wildthings Inflatable Cheetah Print Swimming Pool FloatMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
3 Vuffuw Handheld Game Console, Retro Video Game Player 4.3 Inch Handheld Video 3000 Games Mini Arcade Tv Portable Game Console with 2Pcs Joystick for Kids Adults Output Video nnuwas1522-Plug & Play Games Consoles
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. House of Marbles On Parade Skittles Game by House of MarblesYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the AndyTours Winter Quilt Letter W Sports Theme Balls Reversible Blanket for Bed and Couch W59 x L31.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Sax True Flow Gloss Glaze 1 Pint Nautical Jade
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Maria Gren, Germany Mountain Meadow 504 Piece Puzzle are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. TY Beanie Baby PUPPY CLAUS the Dog (BBOM December 2007) by Ty Beanie BabyThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
My Melody Plush Toy (Baby)
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Pretoy Narikhri kin 10 pcx Candu Tvys & gcm (sparkligg XreCure a ja aode) The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Legend of Zelda Green Pom BeanieA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Office ZPI reel stand light bluee RSL01BMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Trademark Fine Art Cherries Painting by Danhui NAI, 14x19
- Forum Novelties Hippie Dude Plus Size Costume Plus Size
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Red 3 One Size ALIKEEY Educational Toys for Kids, Christmas Inflatable Santa Claus Christmas Yard Decoration LED Light Up GiantPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.MMS Reality Twister (with 1 Lubor Lens) by Paul Harris Book by M & M's The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.XIANCHUAN Moving Mouth Black Ragdoll Mask Naturalistic Beast Mask Animal Carnival Cosplay Masks ( color Yellow , Size 2525 ) Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Creative Grids Log Cabin Trim Tool for 8 Finished Blocks, Quilt Ruler (CGRJAW1) by Creative Grids
- Trademark Fine Art Greet The Day with Joy by Elizabeth Caldwell, Black Matte, Wood Frame, 11 X 14
- 12 Pack, 12 Biodegradable Floral Craft Ring, Ez Glueable Wreath Form, for Photo Frame, Candle Ring, Etc
- Hot Racing WRA12CW16 Spider Ar60 Axle Diff Cover (bluee) Yeti by Hot Racing
- Bazic 1755 24 Pure Black Stick Pen Pack of 24
- colorful Confetti Polka Dots Party Invitations for any occasion Kids Birthday, Surprise Party, Baby Shower, Retirement Party (20 Count with Envelopes)
- Yyz Gourmet Series Mooncake Small Granules Building Blocks Assembling Toy Building Blocks Puzzles Birthday Gifts
- Designart PT26603216 Baby bluee Vintage Car Canvas Art Print
- Kingdom Hearts Cover with Notebook
- Corpus Christi Texas by Marlene Watson, 12x19Inch
- Princess Grad Autograph Hound by AMSCAN [Toy]
- Magic the Gathering Sword of Feast and Famine Mirrodin Besieged
- Nursery Bet Set 4pcs Bedding Sets Duvet Cover Flat Sheet with Decorative Pillow Cases Full Size for Kids Adults Teenscolorful Cartoon Style Robot Figures Futuristic Funny Mascots Friendly Androids
- MARCU Home Pretty Backpack Cute Cartoon Printing College Junior School Student Schoolbag Backpack(Light Grey)
- Pink Duvet Cover Set,FULL Size,Yummy and Funny Eggplants Kid Friendly Drawing Nutritious Meals Vegan Natural Decorative,Decorative 3 Piece Bedding Set with 2 Pillow Sham,Best Gift For Girls Women,Viol
- Lampshade Black and Red Feather Lampshade Fit for Crystal Chandeliers (Feather Short)
- American Educational Elrathia King Trilobite Fossil (Pack of 10)
- Bollywood Dancer Costume Small for TV Adgreens & Commercials Fancy Dress
- YN Modle Car Jeep Wrangler Alloy Car Model Simulation Metal Car Model Collection Ornaments Pull Back Toy Car Vehicle Playsets ( color White )
- Trademark Fine Art Beagle, Formal Hound and Hat by Fab Funky, 14x19
- AdultXXL Black Female Gwen Spiderman Cosplay Costume Female Full Set Of Clothing Anime Costume Spiderman Adult Halloween Cosplay AdultXXL
- HMQINYI 8L Lunch Box Outdoor Insulated Lunch Bag Picnic Food Storage Box Cooler Bag Lunch Bags for Women Men Adults Kids Picnic Shoulder Bag 8cans (pink red)
- Handmade Cotton Canvas Kids Bed Canopy Mosquito Net by Wonder Space, Indoor Round Dome Hanging Play Tent Curtain, Ideal for Baby Toddlers Tots Crib, Reading Nook & House Decoration, bluee
- ALAZA Dragonfly 5 Blankets Lightweight Blanket for Adults Men Women Girls Kids Girls Boys Teens Extra Soft Polyester Fabric Super Warm Sofa Blanket Throw Size 60 x 90 Inch
- Miracoulus 442054LB Deluxe Styling Head
- Dinosaurs Discover the Past Magic Ink
- Crazy Aaron's Putty World Super Lava Putty, 3.2 Ounce by Crazy Aaron's Putty World
- Aeromax Jr. Physician Lab Coat, Green, 46 by Aeromax
- Fisher Price bluees Clues Plush Toy 7 by bluees Clues
- Multicolour 4244\ Rubie's 810417STD Star Wars Fancy Dress, Men, Multicolour
- Dollhouse Miniature Strawberries in a Basket
- Team Redcat Shock Bladder (4 Piece)
- Beast Kingdom Lilo & Stitch DSelect Series DS004 6Inch Statue PX
- The Stupell Home Decor Collection pwp200_cn_16x20 50 Daschund Dog Reading Canvas Wall Art, Multicolor
- Accessory series coin purse orange TC35 made in Panami metallic yarn
- Northern Expedition Men's Waterproof Zip Up Hooded Rain Jacket (XXLarge Black)
- Manga Realization Wingman Animation Packaging (japan import)
- Reborn Baby Dolls Handmade Lifelike Realistic Silicone Vinyl Baby Doll Soft Simulation 11 Inch 28 cm Girl Favorite Gift Can Be Washed
- Moxie Boyz Magic Snow Doll Jaxson
- Hub Carrier Set (2) Cup Racer by HPI Racing
- Weighted Blanket for Kids，Artichoke,Art Nouveau Style Arrangement with Vibrant colord Vegetable Vegan, Plum Dark bluee and Yellow,Weighted Blanket for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 50 x70
- LEGO Aquazone 6104 Aquacessories by LEGO
- Comforter Multicolor Bed or Couch Giant Sequoia Mariposa Grove Trees Hypoallergenic Blanket for Bed Couch Chair
- HengLong HighImitation RC U.S. Military Truck Grey color
- Woodhaven 6507 7 64 SelfCentering HSS Drill by Woodhaven
- Leg Avenue Ladies Quality Crafty Vixen Witch Fairytale Queen Halloween Costume 2 Piece Size 810 Dress & Hat
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- Looney Tunes Treat Sacks 8 Count
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Thor Funko Fabrikations x Avengers Age of Ultron Figure + 1 FREE Official Marvel Trading Card Bundle  This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
YOYI Travel Blanket bluee and Red Stripes Boom Beams Retro 90s Style Toys Boy with Cap Easy to Carry Blanket 60 x70 You will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Star Wars Darth Vader Candy Bowl Licensed ProductDo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Nattou Fanny and Oscar Cuddly 75cm Oscar the Fox