() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?YOYI Baby Blanket No War Sign with Nuclear Bomb Mushroom Cloud Blast Peace Pacifism Icon Black Indoor Outdoor, Comfortable for All Seasons 60 x70
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
AluminiumDibond 80 x 50 cm AluminiumDibond image 80 x 50 cm Car Mechanic , image on a AluminiumDibondHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Beistle Hanukkah Danglers 30 Pack of 12 (2 Pkg)Most students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Monster Morphsuit Halloween black grey XL Skeleton nnxkkb2322-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Party Animal Print Heart St Pauls Lindos Rhodes Personalised Wedding Stationery Save The Date CardsYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Gund Formal Prissy Mini Pig Stuffed Animal Plush, 6 by GUND.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Navy FLEXY 4 Multiposition 6 FOAM Chairbed fold out Guest Z chair bed futon (Natural)
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at American Educational Inflatable Plant Cell Model, 12 Length x 8 Width x 16 Height are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Plasma Globe Touch or Music Sensitive by Wild TimeThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Disney Star Wars The Force Awakens 3D Design Embossed Round Shape Metal Tin Lunch box (Grey)
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.BRIO My First Railway Starter Pack Train Set The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Tedco Toys 38828 3D Science Animations Connex Kit by TEDCOA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Great Eastern One Piece 9 Bepo Plush by Great EasternMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- REV Stonewall's Sword, the Battle of Cedar Mountain, Board Game by REV Revolution Games
- Balvi Globe with light Antique Globe redary Metal 23cm
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Wolf2854lyag3221 49x59inch=125x150cm YEHO Art Gallery Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Super Soft Cozy ThrowBlankets for Kids Girls Boys,Lightweight Blankets for Bed Sofa Couch Chair Day Nap,Simple Butterfly Black Pattern,49x59inchPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.DreamWorks Trolls Collectible Figure Baby Poppy The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Sportagraphs Bob Geldof SIGNED 10x8 FRAMED Photo Autograph Display Boomtown Rats Music COA PERFECT GIFT Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- RLF HOME 10309SG Summit Diamond Sage Cornice Valance
- Haodasi Lens Filters for DJI Mavic Air UV+CPL+ND4+ND8+ND16+ND32 Accessory Filters Kit Multilayer Coated Neutral Density High Definition
- Power Rangers Megaforce Dx Gosei Megazord
- Hornby P9300 Digital 15 V 4 Amp Transformer
- BOOK RINGS 1 1 2 50 PER PACK by Hygloss
- CQOZ Anime Cartoon Arthur Game Character Model Statue High 25cm Toy Decorations Gifts Collections Birthday Gifts Character statue
- Best Vehicle, Colour White, BEST9666
- Ghoulish Productions Deluxe Chameleon Full Overhead Mask Adult Size
- Mayanyan Double shoulder bag Korean fashion trend Backpack travel computer backpack student print Schoolbag lady
- Indianshelf Handmade 10 Piece Ceramic orange Umbrella Artistic Drawer Knobs Dresser Cabinet Pulls Furniture Wardrobe Door Handles Handcrafted Designer Vintage Look ScMK75
- Posse SC Tire C2 Mntd Blk Slash Blitz SCRT10 (2)
- MiPac Heavyweight Backpack, bluee, One Size
- Trademark Fine Art Sage and Slate I by June Erica Vess, 14x19
- Medicos JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3Stardust Crusaders Jotaro Kujo Second Super Action Statue
- Mobile Suit Gundam G Frame 04 10Pack Box (Candy Toy)
- EDU49772 1 48 Eduard color PE F15I Eagle Detail Set (for use with the Great Wall Hobby model kit) [MODEL KIT ACCESSORY]
- The 30.5cm ICY Nude Doll is The Same as Blythe Doll,can Change The faceplate and Clothes for DIY Maker,19 Joint Body Doll is Suitable for Girls Present and Best Gift. (BL90 950)
- N Code 55 10 Radius Curve (6) by Atlas Model Railroad
- FidgetGear Racerstar 20x20mm Mini RS6Ax4 6A 12S Blheli_S BB2 4 in 1 ESC with 5V BEC Suppo
- Cute Football Game Sports Throw Blanket Soft Nap Couch Bed Blankets Kid Boy Girl Women Men 50x60 inch
- Sevi Wooden Miniature Mini Truck by Sevi
- Hape Wooden Puppet Stage Playhouse Set with Accessories
- Pinta Saxophone Music Cub Cool School Book Bag Backpacks for Girl's Boy's
- Pet Story by Creations by You
- Laptop Backpack Business Computer Bag Men's Shoulder Bag Fashion HighEnd Large Capacity Charging Laptop Bag
- Mighty Monsters Family Board Game by Queen Games
- WinfreyDecor Blanket Sheets Chef Hat and Uniform Vintage Style Design with Retro Polka Dots Kids Theme Cozy for Couch Sofa Bed Beach Travel 60 Wx60 L
- Dark bluee Bookcase Sax Willower Creative Violin, Piano, Guitar, Handicraft, Home Jewelry Model,Army Green golden Retro Balance
- G.I. Joe Retaliation Ninja Commando 4x4 With Snake Eyes Figure
- DJI Mavic Air Travel Bag
- 33x260cm LXF Table Runner Modern And Simple Table Runner Cotton Fabrics Dining Table TV Cabinet Tassel Hanging Spike Design Brown (Size 33x260cm)
- Microman Micro Sister run MS03 (japan import)
- PWEINCY Unicorn Bedding Set 3 Pieces, 1 Duvet Cover and 2 Pillowcases for Kids Girls Miracle Dark and Pink color,no Bedspread,no Comforter (Full)
- 6 inch African Djembe Percussion Hand Drum Mahogany Wooden Jambe Doumbek Drummer with Pattern Pure Goat Skin Surface
- HPI Savage 21, X, XL, K4.6, FLUX Upgrade Parts Aluminum Front Rear Steering Block With Screws & Washers 1Pr Set orange
- Hoffman Tropical Collection Surfboard Navy Fabric
- Gund Snuffles Stache 10Inch Plush Teddy Bear
- Heritage Kids Lavender Medallion Reversible (4 Piece) Comforter Set by Heritage Kids
- Italian Made Boys Deluxe SWAT Police Halloween Carnival Fancy Dress Costume Outfit 312 years (11 years)
- B 545445cm Stooltable, home solid wood tea table, modern minimalist dining table and chair combination living room mini square table (color B, Size 28 28 26cm)
- Snow Covered Christmas Tree Multi colord Casual Daypack Travel Bag College School Backpack for Mens and Women
- Generic KF Toys RC Cars Rirder 5 Monster Trucks Remote Control Truck Off Road Motorcycle Outdoor Toys Mini rc Toys 4WD High Speed RTR
- VTech 2 in 1 Learn and Zoom Motor Bike, Pink
- JIN (Jin bulletproof Boy Scouts (BTS)) A4 Clear File + 4 fold memo pad (4 consecutive Notepad) set A4 Size Clear File Folder + Quarto Memo Pad (Mini Book Style) (TradePlace KPOP Goods Made in Korea )
- APH Axis Powers Hetalia Spain cosplay costume
- Cartoon Warm Blanket Cute Caricature Style Bear with Bees and Honey Saying Yum Yum Kids Comic Graphic Traveling,Hiking,Camping,Full Queen,TV,Cabin 60 Wx60 L
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- BEICICI Art Design Photos Cool Quilt Lake in The Mountains Covered in Mist Living Room Bedroom Warm Blanket
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Baoblaze Real Touch Silicone 20inch Reborn Boy Doll Supplies Unpainted Newborn Baby Mold Head Limb Body Doll DIY Handmade This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
CAYYOU DIY picture oil painting by numbers wall decor painting on canvas for home decor with the kitty, Framed, 50x60cmYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Philip Winchester Signed 12x8 Photo Strike Back Autograph Memorabilia + COADo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Ultra Pro Steam Siege A5 Album Portfolio 4 Pocket Pages