() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Classics Tree, bluee Needle 2.54 (5) by Woodland Scenics
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
TABLE RUNNER European style classical High quality cotton and linen Exquisite embroidery Table flag luxurious table cloth classic Wild Table mats coffee table decoration Home furnishings Bed towelHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Blinky (PacMan) Funko POP Vinyl Figure by Pac ManMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
KR Empty Backpack4 (3 cases size) Multicase nnxkkb189-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. SpiderMan Classic Venom PurpleYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Vantaso Blankets Tropical Plants Flamingos Xmas Hats Throws Soft Kids Girls Boys 50x60 inch.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
1 X TY Beanie Buddy KICKS the Soccer Bear by Beanie Buddies
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at 2 Tier Unisex Jungle Nappy Cake Hamper Baby Gift with Giraffe, Plush Elephant and Lion Tiger are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Disney Toy Story Exclusive Deluxe Talking Jessie Doll by DisneyThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Cute Butterfly Thinking of You Inflated Helium Balloon Delivered in a Box Bigger Bouquet 7 Balloons Bloonaway
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.LYN Toy Statue One Piece Toy Model Cartoon Character Decoration Collectibles Crafts Red Sgoldn 16.5CM The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Element Hunters Jer Weil RED (japan import)A medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Prefabricated Dragon Ball World Collectible figure vol.1 DB001 grandson GokuMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Merry Kohn I Left My Art in San Francisco Jigsaw Puzzle
- BRAD JOHNSON MINNESOTA VIKINGS 1997 NFL Starting Lineup Action Figure & Exclusive NFL Collector Trading Card by Starting Line Up
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
ORIHOME Beding Set Twin Full Queen King Animal Collection Rabbit Flamingo Puppy Print 4 Piece Bedding Sets Teen Bedding for Girls Bedroom(Without Quilts) YZ (Cute Hamster,Yellow, King,87''x94'')Perhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.El Chavo Collectible Figures El Chavo by El Chavo The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Nanoblock Toucan Building Kit by Nanoblock Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- B Dazzle Antique Autos Scramble Squares 9 Piece Puzzle
- Mary Meyer Fancy Prancers, Fancy Prancer Princess Pony, 33 by Mary Meyer
- XMen Iceman Crystalline Armor Mutant Armor Series Figure
- ABC Alphabet Kids Crawling Play Mat Super Soft Knitting Educational Washable Area Rugs Round 47 Inches Diameter
- Happiness charge Pretty Cure Sparkling Trading Collection 2 BOX
- Toy Figurine Toy Model Movie Character Gift Souvenir 20CM SYFO
- Marshmallow Playtpus Plush Toy 21 L By Fiesta Toy
- Shrinky Dinks 3D Butterfly Jewelry Kit
- Set16 Laliva XK X520 RC Fixed Wing Glider Spare Parts Blade Motor Landing Gear servo Receiver Steel Wire Group Motor nut Light Bar Screw etc. (color set20)
- Breyer 1 9 Traditional Series 5Piece Blanket and Shipping Boots Set (Red) by Breyer
- 12 color paint on the feather duster (japan import)
- Molten Elite Soccer Ball (FIFA NFHS Approved)
- Re Mind 100% Cotton Super Soft Japanese Style Throw Bed Blanket Pure color Lightweight Couch Blanket (59 x 79 inches, Baby Pink)
- John Nettles Signed 16x12 Photo Display Midsomer Murders Autograph Memorabilia
- School Bag Ocean Waves(8131) With Durable Travel Camping Backpack For Boys And Girls
- Puffball Petrovsky & Bonnie Barkington Littlest Pet Shop Pawsabilities 2 Pack by Littlest Pet Shop
- Silly Farm Split Cakes Patriotic (2 oz)
- Trademark Fine Art Basset Hounds Wall Decor by Vero Shaw, 14x19
- Funko Jack Skellington & Sally Nightmare Before Christmas 3.75 POP Figure Bundle
- JOGTDVF Decorative Digital Painting Diy Digital Oil Painting By Numbers Pianting Landscape Beach Sea Boat Home Decoration Wall Art Picture
- AXJJ RC Helicopter Plane Glider Airplane Remote Control Drone Toys 2CH 2.4G
- Maya Toys Cutie Stix Emoji Wall Art Jewelry Making
- SEBAS HOME Pet supplies wholesale fourlegged sweater dog clothes autumn and winter clothing fashion trend (color Green, Size S)
- Funko POP Doctor Strange with Rune 161 Summer Convention Exclusive
- Skull Head 4yag3071 59x79inch=150x200cm YEHO Art Gallery 49x59 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft ThrowBlankets for Girls Boys,Hand Painting Sailboat Pink Pattern,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch
- Vikings Ragnar Lothbrok Men's Fancy Dress Costume Medium
- bluee 5 inch YKDDII Picture Frames Frame Set 510 Inch Creative Ornaments Picture Frames For Home Decor Desktop Foto 1pc Classic Fashion Multifunction Photo Frame
- Sea bluee Watercolour Personalised Wedding Stationery Save The Date Cards
- Hallmark Dr. Seuss Itty Bittys Thing 1 & Thing 2 set. by Itty Bittys
- AstrologyFlannel Single Student blanketTaurus Girl with Horns Maleficent Zodiac Stars Venus Beauty Graphic DesignStudent Blanket 60 x50 Navy Red Brown
- Kamiwwso Biohazard Steampunk Gas Mask Goggles Spikes Skeleton Warrior Death Mask Masquerade Cosplay Halloween Costume Props (color Silver)
- Owaheson Swing Platform Toning Fitness Casual Walking shoes Wedge Sneaker Women Florida Flag
- Multi 3 Queen BULING Spider Web 4pc Bedding Set Twin Size, Toxic Poisonous Insect Thread Crawly Malicious Bug Halloween Character Design Floral Lightweight Microfiber Duvet Cover Set, Black White
- Znzbzt Creative Living Room Wall Decoration Wall Sticker Art Bedroom Wallpaper self Adhesive, Magnolia
- Decorfine Lightweight Blanket 49x59inch Romantic Heart Shapes Valentine's Day Graphic Illustration Super Soft Flannel Velvet Plush Throw Blanket
- FenDie Animal Dog Pattern Twin Kids Duvet Bedding Set (No Comforter) Cartoon Boys Duvet Cover 2 Pillowcases Reversible bluee Print Duvet Cover Set 3 Piece Cotton Soft Lightweight for Girl
- 50s Rock n Roll Girl Adult Costume
- Reborn Baby Dolls,Tiny Girl 10 inch Girl Gift Silicone Full Vinyl Babies Toys Lifelike Newborn Pink Romper
- Ultraman Ultra Monster Series Belial 2009 Movie
- Hot Wheels 2012 Muscle Mania '72 Ford Gran Torino Sport Yellow 117 247
- Hasegawt 1 24 Lancik Dwlta HN Integrala 16o 1991 1000 Lakts Ralvy Mkdel Cdr 20289
- Ryu (Brown Ver) Street Fighter V Storm Collectibles 1 12 Action Figure
- Navy May Arts 3Inch Wide Ribbon purple
- Fun Costumes Pineapple Hoodie Dress Small
- Idolmaster Cinderella Girls Slim Shimamura tapestry Uzuki (japan import)
- bluee (purple) satch sleek School Backpack 45 cm notebook compartment
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- LEGO Nexo Knights 70315 Clay’s Rumble Blade Mixed
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Aurora World Miyoni Corgi Plush by Aurora World This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
YEHO Art Gallery 49x59 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft ThrowBlankets for Kids Adult,Retro Lace Printed,Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch Home DecorYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Trademark Fine Art Rainbow Splash Cocktail Party by Fab Funky Wall Decor, 14x19(WAG00002C1419GG)Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Disney Princess Animators Collection 16 Inch Doll Figure Tiana