() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Trademark Fine Art The Ballet from Robert Le Diable by Edgar Degas, 14x19, Multicolor
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
Trademark Fine Art Lion Illustration by Patrick Lamontagne, 12x19Herzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. RngY Steam retro windshield gas mask cosplay anime prop gift3Most students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
SMBYLL Toy Figurine Toy Model Anime Gift Birthday Gift Anime model (color C) Souvenir Character nnxkkb56-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. SPORTSSTUFF Punk Pirate Duck FloatYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the SUNBA YOUTH Kids Play Tent, Crawl Tunnel and Ball Pit, Pop Up Playhouse for Girls and Boys, Babies and Toddlers. Knight Castle for Kids for Indoor and Outdoor Use with Carrying Case. (3pc Set).
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Amscan International Adults Day of the Dead Leggings by Amscan International
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Moon Lamp 3D Moon Light with Dock, LED Night Light 16 colors Remote Control USB Rechargeable Adjustment Brightness Dimmable for Home Decor Creative Gift (Size 8) are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Llama Sweet Heart Alpaca 7 Prime Plush (White) by LlamaThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Deluxe Zipper FX Kit Makeup for Makeup Face Body Paint Fancy Dress by Wicked Wicked
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Beach Builder CreateASand Castle Building Kit for Kids (18 Pcs) The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Highest Heel GO GO Multi Glitter W BeltA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Untapped Games Set of 3 Empty Random Pokemon XY Block Elite Trainer Boxes for StorageMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Moonmo 10pcs Beautiful Handmade Wooden Russia Nesting Dolls Gift Russian Nesting Wishing Dolls Pink And bluee Pattern Matryoshka Traditional. by Moonmo
- NURICH Light Set for LEGO Porsche 42056, USB Plug, LEGO Set is Not Included
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
GE&YOBBY Party Arch Garland Balloons,thematic Latex Balloon Party Balloons For Wedding Baby Shower Party DecorationdPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.PurrFection Percy Bunny 6 Plush by PurrFection The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.SHLINCar model Metal Die Casting Car Model Alloy Car Model Collection Adult Gifts Home Decoration (color Yellow) Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Body (Cal Mart alpha 40 trainer Red) (japan import)
- Echo Park Paper Company Echo Park Stamp 4 X6 Sunny Days
- LQY PU Footstool,Creative Sofa Bench,Living Room Small Step Stool,Vanity Stool, Wooden Frame,Household Rest Stool,orange,M
- Ladies Costume SWAT Policewoman Dress with Basecap Police Uniform America Carnival (XXL 3XL) (L)
- Good Smile Company M06504 Figma Tokitsukaze Figure
- Florenza The Card Game
- VBFFS FPV RC Drone With Hd WIFI 720p Camera, 2.4G 6axis Gyro Mini Quadcopter For Kids & Beginners Altitude Hold, One Key Start, Foldable Arms, Headless Mode Ballistic Flight Selfie Compatible
- 1 6 Momoko Doll Early Spring Marina
- TERABITHIA 22 inch Real Life Reborn Baby Doll,Mouse Baby,Girl Doll Handcrafted in SiliconeLike Vinyl Full Body
- POXL Led Lighting Kit for Ninjago City Docks Led Light Set Compatible with Lego 70657 Not Include The Lego Set
- SEJNGF Anime Cosplay Onepiece Tights Halloween Character Performance Costume (no Headgear),BlackL
- DOMESPACE bluee Crystal Agate Flannel Throw Blanket 49x59inch Lightweight Plush Microfiber Fleece Comfy Gift Blankets for Chair Bed Couch
- LeapFrog Safari Learning Station French Version
- BeeMeng Printing Blanket Coral Plush Super Soft Decorative Throw Blanket,Ice Cream Decor,Dessert Land with Rainbow Candies Lollipop Trees Cupcake Mountains Cartoon Decorative,Multicolor(59 x 59 )
- Specter watch DX Monster Blaster
- Lais Jigsaw Sunset evening sky Sunset 2000 pieces
- Baby Novelty Toy Baby Kids Toddler Musical Animal Piano Electronic Keyboard Toys(colorful)
- Little Green Men 8 Battle Pack Series 1 Style 3 Figures
- Black Creations African Savanna Nature Poster Canvas Picture Art Print Premium Quality A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 (A0 Canvas (30 40))
- Wishpets 10 Sitting Beaver Plush Toy by Wishpets
- SS39 (8.164 8.412 mm) Swarovski Crystals 1171075 Round Stones 1088 SS 34 EMERALD F, 144 Pieces
- LEEQ Women Evening Fully Rhinestone Handbag Party Bridal Clutch Purse bluee
- Generic Magnetic Building Blocks Educational 3D Toys Magnet for Kids Magnetic Tiles Kit Construction Toy Set Standard Size 16PCS
- Red 34 years Padete Princess Moan Adventure Costume Halloween Cosplay Party Outfit
- Paolo Rossi Signed 16x12 Photo Display 1982 Autograph Memorabilia + COA
- 1500pc Puzzle House Wooden Jigsaw Puzzle, Landscape of Lake & Alps, 500 1000 1500 Pieces Puzzles Game For Adults & Kids 503 (Size 1500pc)
- Flameer 2 Pairs 1 6 Soldier Boots Female Soldiers PU Leather shoes Model Boot Fit for 12inch Phicen Female Action Figures, 2 colors
- Bright Light Pillow Twinkling Star (White)
- Dall Bead Maze Wooden Shape Sorter Activity Cube Toys Baby Educational Kids Toddlers Gift
- Armored Core Weapon Unit 005 by Kotobukiya Co., Ltd.
- MGP Action Sports Madd Gear Pogo Stick for Boys and Girls Aged 8+ Suitable for Users up to 80kg (Black Pink)
- Cabbage Patch Kids Foam Hopscotch Set by What Kids Want
- Atlas 2870 Middlesex Manufacturing Company Plastic Kit
- Toy Biz SpiderMan Sneak Attack Bug Busters Jack O'Lantern and Bug Eye Buster, 6 Poseable Action Figures
- Battery Bracket Relocation Plate Shock Mount Lift Kit Transfer Case Steering Wheel Tire for 1 10 RC Crawler Axial Remote Car 15
- Trousselier 4311GB 12V Magic Lantern Ballerina Night Lamp,Brown Red
- HOLIKE Reborn Baby Doll Lifelike Realistic Baby Doll, Tall Dreams Gift Set Ensemble, 22inch Weighted Baby, for Ages 3+ (Pink)
- Alwoe 3D Style Unisex Lycra Spandex Cosplay Halloween Costumes Tights Kids Adult
- Dollhouse Miniature Match Box Holder by Multi Minis by Multi Minis
- Fruit Bat 31 by Fiesta by Fiesta
- LXWM Thumb Piano 17 Sound Violin Case Kalin Bar Veneer Finger Piano Birthday Music Mini Portable
- Moomin house car socks green about 22 24cm MMAP699
- RHM Portable Beach Speaker,Wireless Outdoor Speaker with Alarm Clock FM Radio,Cartoon Handbag Speaker for Kids,for Outdoor&Indoor ActivitiesPink
- R1104 KV7500 SunnySky Brushless UAV Dc Motor 4pcs 2 CW 2 CCW Mini FPV Racing Indoor Drone
- Red WANGKM Mini Drone, Beginners Kids Training Quadcopter, Altitude Hold, Headless Mode, One Key Take Off Landing, 3D Flips, Foldable Arms (without Camera)
- ZMan Games Pandemic Iberia Board Game
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- Optical communication simple experiment kit (japan import)
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Fisher Price Amazing Animals Sing Along Mummy & Baby Elephant This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Selling Pumpkins, A 500 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle by SunsOut by SunsOutYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Robart 661R RH Robostrut 23 4 3 Wheels, 661RDo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Cute Butterfly Thinking of You Inflated Helium Balloon Delivered in a Box Bigger Bouquet 7 Balloons Bloonaway