() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Die Cast Soldiers of Steel Collectible Figure by Unimax
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
Firefly Kaylee Frye Pop Vinyl Figure by FunKoHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Sanei Super Mario Plush Series Plush Doll 8 Mario and Yoshi Plush Japanese Import by SaneiMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
14x19 Trademark Fine Art Desert Valley I by June Erica Vess, 14x19 nnwusq589-Wall Décor
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. RemeeHi Cute Fat Round Plush Cow Animal Toy Soft Bedtime Nap Pillows (40cm43cm)You can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Miniland Miniland30811 Vegetable Dried Fruits, Multicolor.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Peanuts Snoopy 14 PLUSH WOODSTOCK
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at On the Grand Canal, Venice by Battle Road Press are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. IBellete 269 Pcs Puzzle Assembly, Changeable Puzzle Assembly Magnetic Sheet Magnetic Toy Building BlocksThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Coke Can Mini RC Radio Remote Control Micro Racing Car 4 Frequencies (Back&orange) by Youngstore by Youngstore
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.KLine K94533 DieCast Pedal Car by KLine The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Sportagraphs Ken Dodd Signed Autograph 10x8 photo display TV Liverpool Comedian AFTAL COA PERFECT GIFTA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Jackson's Two Rivers Watercolour Paper Not 300lb 22x30in 5 SheetsMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Great Create Christi Friesen Texture Stamp 4.25 x 5.5inch, Relaxed Grandeur, 4.25 x 5.5
- [Professional baseball league owners] Yu Darvish Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters superstar OWNERS LEAGUE 2011 01 ol05049 (japan import)
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
G Samber Handmade Soft Silicone Newborn Dolls Lifelike Reborn Baby Doll Rubber Artificial Doll Soft Body Toy Accompany Sleeping Doll Festival Birthday Gifts For Kids Girls Boys APerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.4 M KUQIQI Solid color School Bag, Male And Female College Backpack Waterproof Travel Backpack Practical school bag The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.MYYDD Front lace wig black wigs women lady wig Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Syma S111G(Upgrade S107) 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter Copter Drone with Gyro
- Breaking Bad 15cm Deluxe Action Figure Walter White in orange Hazmat Suit
- Manny Pacquiao Signed 16x12 Photo Autograph Champion Memorabilia Display + COA
- Haywire Group Calafant Pirate's Treasure Model Kit with 12 Markers by Haywire Group
- Team Redcat Racing 6124mm Ball Bearings (4pcs) Official Car Parts
- Trademark Fine Art Le Rendez Vous by Fabien Bravin, 12x19
- DC Green Lantern Galactic Scale 10 inch Action Figure Kilowog
- 2 Ounce blueejoy Genuine Pure Natural American blueeGreen Turquoise Rough Stone for Inlay and Jewelry Design (2 Ounce)
- Top Flite the Heat Gun
- Scarlet Spiderman 10 Figure
- Castle Toys Marble Run Play Set
- Generic RC Quadcopter Headless Drone Toys Copter Remote Control Drone 1340 2.4GHz 4CH Fly Ball RC Ball Mini Drone Flip Ball Helicopter Green F2
- Excellerations Refillable Window Blocks Wood Classroom Set for Young Learners(Set of 10)
- Art Wall Jolina Anthony Falling in Reverse Unwrapped Flat Canvas, 16 by 28Inch
- Amscan 155208 Spooky Eyes Glass Grabber Decoration
- Darice 704596TS Tea Stained USA Garden Flag 28 x 40 inches Party Supplies Multicolor 3 Pieces
- Batman Boxos Papercraft 4 Figure Playset by DC Universe Batman
- Starabu Hubsan Zino H117S Accessories US Adapter+Balance Charger+Battery Cable Set
- GSFDHDJS Cosplay Boots shoes for Magical Girl Raising Project Yamamoto Naoko
- Hordes Trollbloods Horgle Ironstrike (1 Figure, PIP 71083) by Privateer Press
- White gold Fleck 18th Personalised Birthday Party Invitations
- OTHER FRP square bat 18 sheets EBM0273300
- PMA 1 43 Red Bull RB7 Malaysia GP 2011 1 Finished Product
- San Francisco Toymakers Ecw Champion Clashers Yoshihiro Tajiri
- Acura NSX Avengers Version Diecast Model Car
- Giant Microbes Bad Breath Plush
- Red Kikioo 2.4G Electric OneButton Twisted Deformation Drift Mountain Climbing Turn Over Stunt RC OffRoad Vehicle Climber Truck 1 14 4Wheel Drive HighSpeed Remote Twisted Car for Any Terrain Toy red
- Osumashi Pooh Chan Sailor Backpack bag Pooh Chan Navy P17105074
- Creative Congreening 703274 OctyRound Plastic Table Covers, Classic Pink
- bluee YCSD Stool Stackable Small Round Stool Home Dining Stool Solid Wood Low Bench,Easy Assembly，33 X H 44cm Lightweight furniture (color Pink)
- Thomas And Friends Wooden Railway Den
- Vantaso Sheer Curtains 78 inch Sketches of Animals Cats with Flowers for Kids Girls Bedroom Living Room Window Decorative 2 Panels
- Jyuza Fist of North Star Collection No.14
- Junior Plastic Model KitPolice Off Road Vehicle
- Our Generation Sydney Lee's Ballet Outfit, Chapter Book, Bookmark
- Weighted Blanket for Kids Quote,Sunshine Inscription Over Big Retro Style Dotted Background Wisdom Life Message Print,White gold Weighted for Adults Kids, Better Deeper Sleep 60 x62
- BEICICI Creative Flannel Printed Blanket for Warm Bedroom Abstract Illuminated Empty White Corridor Interior Sofa Bed or Bed 3D Printing Cool Quilt
- Trademark Fine Art Autumn in The Rocks by Martin RAK, 12x19
- D DOLITY Floral Sofa Wooden End Table Side Cabinet Floor Lamp Ceramic Tea Set 1 12 Dollhouse Miniature Living Room Accs
- TRDyj Men and Women Knee Pads Sports Warm Thin Meniscus Injury Basketball Equipment Running Men and Women Fitness Knee Pads Predective Gear (color Dark bluee, Size L)
- Leng QL Elegant Pretty Bracelet Fashion Silver Bracelet HeartShaped Double Ring Silver Jewelry for Ladies
- Rocco Toys – Ferrari Fxx Radio Control 1 24 Scale
- LEGO Star Wars Clone Turbo Tank
- Ceaco Tis The Season Santa's Train Puzzle (550 Piece)
- Generic 4CH Radio Remote Control Submarine Mini Model Boat Powerful RC Water Toy Waterproof Quality Predection Surfboard Marine Sailboat Yellow with Box
- C Longless Wig woman long curly air fringe corn hot wig fluffy lifelike bubble roll fake hair
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- TreeonLife2.4Ghz 3CH Mini Trainstar 6Axis Remote Control RC Airplane Fixed Wing Drone Plane RTF for Kids Gift Present
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Skylanders Swap Force Collector Card Pack (Single Pack) by Topps This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Trademark Fine Art ALI9000C1219GG Christmas Village x2 by The Macneil Studio 12x19 Canvas Wall ArtYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? [Powerpuff Girls] Pass Case (Bubbles) 116666 [Powerpuff Girls] Pass Case (Bubbles) 116666Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Charm City Games Runecast Board Game by Charm City Games