() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?FID Racing Front CVD Driveshaft Set Upgrade Part for Losi DBXL
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
Fox and hedgehog (scene) Made in UK Artistic Style Animal Figurine CollectionHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. LATINA 27024 Plank Bender LATR7550 by LatinaMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
S.I.C. Vol. 23 Rider Ryuki [Toy] (japan import) Kamen nnunca856-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Rolly toys 20 012 2 Snow Cruiser Red ToyYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer Clarice Plush Holiday Clip On by Character Arts.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Transportation Counters by Didax Educational Resources
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Trademark Fine Art Evening Calm Concarneau Opus by Paul Signac, 14x19, Multicolor are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. YYWJ Tricky toy Full Solid Soft Silicone Handmade Kit Kits For Reborn Baby Lifelike Doll Set Soft Gift Keep Up The Good MoodThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
FisherPrice Fruits & Veggies Gift Set
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Disney Bean Bag Plush a Bug's Life Dot by Disney The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. DGB Sleeping Bags Liner, Adult Portable Lightweight Prevent Dirty Sheet for Hotel Camping Easy to Clean with Carry BagA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. FORETOLD Rise of a God by Legion WargamesMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Student Bag LargeCapacity Travel Bag Mountaineering Bag Men's Casual Sports Backpack MultiFunction Computer Bag red
- Transformers KreO Mini Figures 6 Figure Complete Series 1 Set (Galvatron, Crankstart, Sunstorm, Scorponok, Spinister, Waspinator) by Hasbro
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
The Home Stupell Home Decor Collection London Map Hanging Wooden Initial, M, 18 Perhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.Anshesix Living Room Bedroom Warm Blanket Feather Watercolor Dream Catcher Native American Inspirations Traditional Print Summer Quilt Comforter W60 xL51 Sofa,Picnic,Camping,Beach,Everyday use The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.CaseEden (Case Eden) Short wig 35cm orange Brown set product [wig net two sets (black% comma% skin color) Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Hurdy Gurdy Music Box Tune When You Wish Upon a Star by Music Treasures Co.
- Simply for Kids Loopfiets Diego
- bluee One Size Lounayy Backpack Student in School Backpack Rucksack Travel Kids Backpack Laptop Waterproof Bag Outdoors Student Bag College (color Black, Size One Size)
- Red Tv 106 Willower Creative Violin, Piano, Guitar, Handicraft, Home Jewelry Model,Army Green golden Retro Balance
- Webkinz Arctic Polar Bear by Ganz [Toy]
- Trademark Fine Art 1X07220C1219GG Fine Art, 12x19Inch, Multicolor
- HCFSUK Outdoor Folding Chair Portable Fishing Stool Art Student Sketch Travel Small Pony Beach Lined Up Small Bench Medium Structure Solid Material Thick Double Layer Fabric Durable,G
- Humor (for Sword) (Mustard color)
- KLEDDP Toy Model Anime Character Qilongzhu Budo Conference Decoration Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Fried Rice Adults 21cm Toy statue
- 8 in 1 RONSHIN For OSMO ACTION Filter Set CPL UV STAR ND4 8 16 32 ND8 16 32 64PL Filters Kit Osmo ACTION Camera Lens Accessories 8 in 1
- AVC AVC748 90 x 85 x 71 cm City Parking with Circuit 6 Cars and Helicopter (44Piece)
- Italeri 1 24 Scania R730 V8 Imperial 3883 by Italeri
- CIXUAN 3D Backetball Print Throw Blanket Comfort Design Home Decoration Lightweight Blanket for Kids Boys Women Men Perfect for Couch Sofa or Travelling
- Hubsan 2.4GHZ TRANSMITTER (H10 3,105,203,205)
- Lais Jigsaw Solomon's seal 2000 pieces
- 22 DIEIGEIHAO XO member cartoon doll Zhang Yixing Pu Canlie Baidu Can Dog Fox Fox Plush Doll Lu Han Zhong Xiong Doll 23CM, 14
- Tobar Wave Racer Speed Boat
- Shisky Cosplay Women's Clothing, Halloween Costume Witch Uniform Western Festival Play Costume
- FisherPrice Little People Eddie and Dog Figure 2Pack
- The Tin Box Company 64540712 Elmo Hat Box Carry All Tin
- AngelSept Blanket,Youre Sweet Quote with Baby Penguin Shaped Unicorn and Fish in The Sea Art Image Decor,80x60inch,Super Soft Cozy Luxury Bed Blanket Microfiber,bluee
- Silicone Simulation Reborn Doll Can Stand Baby Can Enter The Water Accompanying Toy Baby Creative Gift 25CM
- LStyle Champagne Ring Corresponding Flight L Shimizu Kisei Ver.3
- Realacc Pagoda 5.8GHz 2dBi RHCP LHCP Mini FPV Antenna SMA RPSMA Male for RC Models Multicopter Black Red FPV Racing Parts Red RHCP RP SMA Male
- Baby Music Cell Phone by Lollipop
- Cobble Hill Farmers' Market Jigsaw Puzzle, 275Piece by Cobble Hill
- Batman Returns Robin Action Figure by Batman
- YuGiOh Cyclone Boomerang (DP03EN015) Duelist Pack 3 Jaden Yuki 2 1st Edition Common by YuGiOh
- Dream Travel Princess & Skye Unicorn Chad Valley
- Dollhouse Miniature 1 12 Scale Fishing ROD G8137 by Aztec
- Day at the Races by SunsOut
- Funko Super Cute Plush Steven Universe Lapis Lbluei Collectible Figure, Multicolor
- The Stupell Home Decor Collection Caffeinated Cutie Sloffee Sloth Funny Cartoon Coffee Stretched Canvas Wall Art, 16 x 20, Multicolor
- Don Post Sinister Stare Costume Appliance
- Seafoam Duvet Cover Soft Microfiber 4 Piece Bedding Cover Set Ornate Floral Arrangement Blossoming Nature Abstract Spring Motifs Seafoam Teal Dark Coral Print, Zipper Closure and Corner Ties
- Libaoge 4 Piece Bed Sheets Set, Gradient Purple Cylinder Design, 1 Flat Sheet 1 Duvet Cover and 2 Pillow Cases
- 1 60 Perfect Trans VF1S Roy Focker with Option Parts
- BIBIB Tête d'ane Francis
- Take n Play Iron Bert
- Hot Wheels Tour Haulers Joan Jett and The Blackhearts Vehicle
- Black Creations Tristan Insane 1938 Salvador Dali Poster Canvas Picture Art Print Premium Quality A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 (A0 Canvas (30 40))
- Kenner Superman The Animated Series Supergirl 5 Action Figure (1998 Kenner)
- Hot Anime Sakurasou No Pet Na Kanojo Bed Sheets Blanket Duvet Cover The Pet Girl Sakurasou Bedding Bag Quilt Cover Bed Sheet 150x200cm (Bed Sheet, W7)
- New Enron 2PCS Aluminum Front Lower Suspension Arm for RC HPI 1 10 Truck Bullet 3.0 ST MT Purple
- Titanium hex screw set (for Tamiya TRF 101) SFC158
- Monster High Freaky Field Trip Clawdeen Wolf Doll
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- Premium Textile Canvas 50 cm x 75 cm High Collie Puppy on Journey of Discovery
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- Gemini Jets GJVIR1799 Virgin Atlantic Airways B747400 Jumbo Jet GVBIG 1 400 Scale
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Fabricas Selectas Megafun Usa Large Toy Marble Tote W Mega Marbles This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
6 Remote Control Trucks Monster RC Car Off Road Vehicle 2.4Ghz Radio Remote Control Car 4WD High Speed Racing All Terrain Climbing Car Gift for Boys (color 6)You will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Trademark Fine Art Lotus Study II by Nan Rae, 14x19Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Trudi 23911 19 cm Hamster Squit Soft Toy by Trudi