() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?O 1 2 Vorra Fashion Women's Wedding Engagement Ring in 14k pink gold Plated 925 Sterling Silver
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
My Little Pony Twinkle Star Lights Twilight Sparkle by HasbroHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. ZHFC The hotel restaurant cloth cloth round table cloth cloth cloth napkin Westernstyle food rice white 4848cm 1 block,Rice white,280280cmMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Aurora Plush Furry Forest Bundle Friends nnuwas722-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Christmas Stocking Disney Tinkerbell 16 Velour w Embroidered Cuff New PXBROYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the DoubleSix color Dominoes in Collectors' Tin.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Bon Bon Rabbit (Bun Bun) 7 Inches Stuffed Animal by Bun Bun (03107) by Bun Bun
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at S (UK 810) MagicBox Adult Womens Pink Leopard Cat Costume S (UK 810) are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Mayflower Products Captain Marvel 9th Birthday Party Supplies Jubilee Balloon Bouquet DecorationsThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Trademark Fine Art Hornets by Jason Shaffer, White Matte, Wood Frame, 11 X 14
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Rubies Costumes Snow White & The Huntsman Snow White Armor Adult Costume Small The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Edu Tech Thredtle Motor Cycle colors May Vary by Edu TechA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Coastal Morning by Ron Parker, 14x19InchMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- QINYANHome Super Soft Lightweight Blanket (90 x70 ) Summer Quilt Comforter Skulls Decorations Skull and Blooms Catholic Popular Ceremony Celebrating Artistic Vintage Design Soft Salmon White.
- Animal Lvbeis Foam Play Mat Interlocking Cartoon Puzzle Crawling Mat 9pcs Floor Gym NonSlip
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Giant Microbes SPD0130 Chlamydia Plush Toy by Giant MicrobesPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.Matchbox 2011, 08' Holden VE UTE SSV 2 100. 1 64 Scale. by Mattel The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Trademark Fine Art Ocean Friends Bold II by Carolee Vitaletti, 14x19 Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Trademark Fine Art Tesiturno II by Gabriela Villarreal, 12x19
- Backstab Card Game by U.S. Games Systems
- Rubies Costumes 197236 Ghostbuster Slimer Wall Decoration
- Pro Series 5122H Replacement Pool Table Pockets (Set of 6), Heavy Duty
- Karen Foster Design Acid and Lignin Free Scrapbooking Sticker Sheet, Prima Ballerina
- Nanoblock Model – Japanese World War 2 Battleship Yamato
- LEGO Star Wars R2D2 & C3PO Escape Pod
- Mpc MPC840 12 1 25 1970 Bonneville Congreenible Pickup, MPC840 12
- Everest Junior Slant Backpack, Hot Pink, One Size
- Pint Craft by bluee Panther
- LEGO UK 41145 Ariel and The Magical Spell Construction Toy
- Paintable Star Turret 3D Printed Scenery Terrain Buildings Figures Fantasy by Seus Corp Ltd
- Baoblaze RC Nano Coating Camera Lens Filter ND4 8 16 UV CPL for DJI Mavic 2 PRO, Minimizing The Amount of UV Light.
- OMAX 40X2500X LED Binocular Lab Microscope 1.3MP Camera + Slide Preparation Kit + Book + Blank Slides
- CXka Shoulder Backpack Fashion Trend Street Bag Junior High School College Student Campus School Bag Unisex Leisure Travel Rucksack Computer Laptop Daypack
- Stripy Floral Pink gold Fairy Party Thank You Cards
- Judaica Place Chanuka Magnet Arts N Crafts Kit for Kids
- KelToy 10 by 11 Bling DieCuttable Adhesive Sheet for Crafts, Large, Purple
- Roden Pfalz D.IIIa German Biplane Fighter Airplane Model Kit
- Masterpiece Sweet Shoppe SLICE OF LIFE 500pc Puzzle by MasterPieces
- Vintage Plane Cloud Green Invitations Baby Shower Invitations
- Tivolii RC Car RC Crawler Climbing OffRoad Rock Electric RC Remote Control Car 1 10 Scale 2.4Ghz 4WD 18km h High Speed RTR
- RED5 FX15W Wifi & Camera Quadcopter (Black)
- Ressha Sentai ToQger transfer change series special grade No. 1
- NYW_0707 sexy Gothic Lolita M (japan import)
- Littlest Pet Shop Roof with a View Themed Pack by Littlest Pet Shop
- Dollhouse Miniature Ping Pong Table w Two Paddles & Balls by Miniatures World by Miniatures World
- Sequence Jewish Edition by Jax
- Mcdonald's Happy Meal Toy Mystic Knights of TirnaNog Angus 3 by Mystic Knights
- DIY Picture By Numbers Hand Drawing On Canvas Romantic Landscape coloring Acyclic Oil Painting By Numbers Home Wall Decor, Framed, 50x60cm
- Peanuts Charlie Brown School Bus Playset
- Disney Disney Pixar Cars Flik with Cowboy Hat Metal Diecast Toy Car 1 55 Loose in Stock &
- Lightweight Kids School ORGANIC SWEATSHIRT Knit(8264) Backpack
- Rubies Costume Marvel SpiderMan Pet Costume, XXLarge
- Furyu 6.3 High School Fleet Misaki Akeno Special Figure
- Multi 1 Twin Day of The Dead 4pc Bedding Set Twin Size, Print of Skull Dead with Romantic pinks Celebration Day Festive Floral Lightweight Microfiber Duvet Cover Set, White Pale Pink Black
- Boom Stand Trinocular Stereo Microscope + 8W Fluorescent Light
- Puffkins Collection Kisses Bear Plush Toy by Swibco
- The Stupell Home Decor Collection Pastel Sweets Macaron Flavor Chart Framed Giclee Art, 16x20, Multicolor
- bluee 5060CM Plush Toy Soothing Sleeping Pillow Creative Elephant Figurine Birthday Gift Activity Gift,bluee,50 60CM
- Laliva Large Current Power Distribution Board PDB Board 12S 480A for Agricultural droneQuadcopter Hexacopter
- Trademark Fine Art Peacocks Pattern 1
- Eureka Sparkle Paper CutOuts 36 Light Bulbs
- Beautiful Handmade Soft Toy Textile Stuffed Toy Interior Design Ideas
- Heart Planingupa0608 Twin USOPHIA Full Size 4 Pieces Bed Sheets Set, Cartoon Shark on Black Background Shark Bay Sign 3D Print Floral Duvet Cover Set
- Multi Jungle Jam Jansport Big Student Rucksack
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- pinknberry Rooms Guidecraft G98121 Doll Play Kitchen, Espresso Finish
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Yokai Watch 8 Cosstars YOKai Watch PuniPuni Game Rucksack Schoolbag Laptop Backpack with USB Charging Port and Headphone Jack 8 This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Action Figures DC Retro Mego Style Series Clark Kent 8 DCMEGO1001You will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Pokemon Legend HS4 Triumphant Single Card Marowak 44 Uncommon by Pokemon CenterDo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.80 Card Flip Leather Deck Case, Sand by Ultimate Guard