() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?OYO Sports Baseball Figure Pack Building Set The Best of The National League
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
Sigikid 34 x 14 x 10 cm My little Theatre Seppl Hand Puppet (MultiColour) by SigikidHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Charades Fox Adult Costume Set, One SizeMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Roman Theme Chess Ivory and Brown by Berkley Pieces nnlpfl722-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. MagiDeal Wooden Building Blocks Set 100Pcs Blocks Early Education ToysYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Star Trek Captain James Kirk Playmates 9 Inch City on the Edge of Forever Action Figure.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Birthday Canvas Wall Art for Bedroom Home Decorations Strawberry Triplex Cake with Candles Ribbons Balloons Newborn Celebration Theme Art Stickers 48 x32 Multicolor
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Laliva 4sets lot XXD A2217 2217 950KV 1250KV 1500KV 2300KV Brushless Outrunner Motor for RC Aircraft KK 4Axis Quadcopter UFO Multiredor (color 950KV) are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Luxury Flannel Blanket,Cartoon Cute Elephants with Ornaments Joyous Kids Room Pattern Decorative,All Season Use(55.11 x 72.83 ),Green bluee PinkThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
15 Different Accessories Parts Handicraft Material Cased
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.DIAMOND SELECT TOYS Marvel Comic Premier Collection Daredevil Resin Statue The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Paralympics GB Full 34 Single gold Medal Winners Stamp Collection London 2012A medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Star Wars Attack of The Clones Talking R2D2 (Coruscant Sentry) Action FigureMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Pattern color26 W60 x L78 Inch Suchashome Going Away Party Warm Breathable Comforter for Girls Kids Adults Time to Say Goodbye Hand Writing Ink Pen and Paper Artwork Print Digital Printing Blanket 60x47 Inch Pale Yellow Black
- Bunk Bed for Twin Dolls fits 18 Inch Dolls
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Leng QL Kids Early Development Toy colorful Wooden 3D House Puzzle Early Learning Toy Fantastic Gifts for Kids(Bathroom)Perhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.TABLE RUNNER BSNOWF Bed Flag Tea Table Flag Embroidered Cloth Art Simple Dining Table Hotel (color bluee, Size 30240cm) The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Rubies Womens Pirate Adult Halloween Costume S (46) 883028024797 Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Trademark Fine Art Tesiturno II by Gabriela Villarreal, 12x19
- Backstab Card Game by U.S. Games Systems
- Rubies Costumes 197236 Ghostbuster Slimer Wall Decoration
- Pro Series 5122H Replacement Pool Table Pockets (Set of 6), Heavy Duty
- Karen Foster Design Acid and Lignin Free Scrapbooking Sticker Sheet, Prima Ballerina
- Nanoblock Model – Japanese World War 2 Battleship Yamato
- LEGO Star Wars R2D2 & C3PO Escape Pod
- Mpc MPC840 12 1 25 1970 Bonneville Congreenible Pickup, MPC840 12
- Everest Junior Slant Backpack, Hot Pink, One Size
- Dungeon Lords Happy Anniversary
- LJBOZ One Piece Anime Statue Boa Hancock Exquisite Anime Decoration 16CM Toy statue
- Lais Jigsaw Castle Ireland dusk 2000 pieces
- Multi 5 Twin Dog 4 Pcs Bedding Set Twin Size, Young Modern Girl Taking Pack of Dog for a Walk in The Rain Fun Joyful Times Artsy Print All Season Duvet Cover Bed Set, Multi
- Trademark Fine Art Vintage Grapes
- Pink Duvet Cover Set& xFF0F;Queen Size& xFF0F;Young Girl in Dress with Flower Ornamentals Butterfly Blowing Hair Art Decorative& xFF0F;Decorative 3 Piece Bedding Set with 2 Pillow Sham& xFF0F;Best Gift For Girls Women& xFF0F;Charcoal G
- Flannel Throw Blanket colorful,Lively colord Polka Dots Round Figures Retro Style Cheerful Kids Toddler Nursery,Multicolor Couch Bed,Super Soft and Warm,Durable Throw Blanket 60 x62
- Scythe Metal Coins Bundled with Scythe Board Extension Scythe Metal Coins (Set of 80) & Scythe Board Extension & Black Velvet Drawstring Bag
- Funko Figurine Star Wars The Force Awaken Rey With Speeder Galactic Convention 2017 15cm 0889698126106
- Webkinz Lucky Dino 8.5 Plush
- Umbra Tripleplay Portable 3 in 1 Game Set
- Bigger Bouquet 7 Balloons My Little Pony Happy Birthday Inflated Birthday Helium Balloon Delivered in a Box Biggest Bouquet 10 Balloons Bloonaway
- DC Collectibles The Sandman Ogreenure Statue
- Hakko 900LTS1P Tip for 900L 908 93610, 5.6mm
- Devil Survivor 2 Key Chains Kuze sound Nozomi (japan import) by Broccoli
- Playmobil 5531 City Life Vets Outdoor Care Station MultiColoured
- Hot Wheels Monster Jam Demolition Doubles Grave Digger Vs SonUva Digger
- Toyland TABLE WOODEN SOCCER 2035 MH25564
- Inflatable Avocado Pool Float, Floatie with Ball Large Blow Up Summer Beach Swimming Floaty Lounge Raft
- Ferrari 410 SuperAmerica (Silver) (Diecast model)
- Spawn Ultra Action Figures Curse of the Spawn (japan import)
- 40ft Western Stage Props Cotton Trick Rope Various Sizes (40ft)
- Double 12 color Dot Dominoes Game
- Trademark Fine Art WAP05036C1219GG Lisa Audit Wall Decor, Multicolor
- 954 piece red Fuji hundred crane [Symple Style] (34cm x 102cm, corresponding panel No.9T) (japan import)
- MOTORAMA R C Auto 1 16 WDrift 4WD mini Coopedr Countryman 499043 499043
- Neo Blythe Sadie Sprinkle [Blythe Shop Exclusive]
- RPG Battle Game Mat Dry Erase Double sided 36 x 24 Includes 4 Dry Erase Markers and 7pc Polyhedral Dice Set Large Table Top Role Playing Map for Starters and Masters
- Trademark Fine Art bluee Maple by Wendra, White Matte, Wood Frame, 11 X 14
- Indiana Jones Deluxe Wave 1 With Idol Floor Trap
- Trademark Fine Art Jane Avril by Henri De ToulouseLautrec, 14x19
- 50th Birthday Black Balloons And Helium Gas Package
- RenteriaDecor Throw Blanket Ikat,Classic Traditional Ornate 60 x50 ,Soft Blankets for Kids
- Flameer DIY Miniature Room SetWoodcraft Tailor Shop KitWooden Model Building Set
- Memory Game Great Outdoors
- Disney Disney Pixar Cars est 27 Styles Lightning McQueen Mack Truck 1 55 Diecast Metal Alloy and Plastic Toys Car Gifts for Kids No.39
- Christmas Frame Santa Claus Friends Lettering Casual Daypack Travel Bag College School Backpack for Mens and Women
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- Madame Alexander DC Comics Superhero Girl Doll 18 Supergirl
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Q and Q Women Sport Adventure Analog Water Resistant Watch This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Dinosaur Discover Pack, TRex by Discovery PostYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? AMT AMT997 1 8 Dirty Donny's 'Pinball Punk' Resin MonsterDo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.MSZYZ Light double shoulder bag woman style backpack fashion street trend European and American personality bag,black,253413CM