() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Roman Chess Pieces Maple Ivory
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
2Pcs T Plug Female to Tamiya Head Male Congreener Adapter for RC Car Vehicle Model Battery Charge Spare Parts Accessories Russian FederationHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Pintoo H1759 Vincent Van Gogh The Starry Night, June 1889 2000 Piece Plastic PuzzleMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Habitat habitat (HABITAT) import) (japan nnamov856-Action & Toy Figures
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Nendgoldid Petite Trading Rubber Straps SCENE02 BOX (10pcs) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha THE MOVIE 1stYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Distroller Baby Doll Nerlie Neonate Lumies Glow in The Dark Lucas Lumie.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Minimal Turquoise Classic Personalised Bridal Shower Party Invitations Invites & Envelopes
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Warmfamily Starfish Summer Quilt Comforter Tropical Summer Beach Exotic Flowers Seastars Hawaii Islands Fauna Digital Printing Blanket 62 x60 orange Yellow Pink are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. 2pcs CC0104 Inner Spring Simulation Shock Absorber Stainless Steel Core blueeThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
RE EDIT Marvel Iron Spider 1 6 Scale Figure
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Emvency Throw Blanket Warm Cozy Print Flannel Pink Animal Polar Bear Cute Sweet Antarctica Arctic Comfortable Soft for Bed Sofa and Couch 60x80 Inches The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Ohio Art Air Picks Rebel Rock by Ohio ArtA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Marvel Hero Clix Mutant Mayhem FigureMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Laliva S550 Upgrade F550 Multiredor Hexacopter Frame Kit with Landing Gear 2212 920kv Motor 30A ESC 1045 Prop (color with F550 Frame)
- American Educational Products A03002 Creall Therm, 2000 g, 02 Green
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Chains YEEPSPORT School Backpack, Crazy Pink (Pink) S114dx305Perhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.Namco Plug & Play TV Games Ms Pac Man, Pole Position, Galaga, Xevious, Mappy by Jakks Pacific The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.[Made in Japan towel fishbowl Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Hurdy Gurdy Music Box Tune When You Wish Upon a Star by Music Treasures Co.
- Simply for Kids Loopfiets Diego
- bluee One Size Lounayy Backpack Student in School Backpack Rucksack Travel Kids Backpack Laptop Waterproof Bag Outdoors Student Bag College (color Black, Size One Size)
- Red Tv 106 Willower Creative Violin, Piano, Guitar, Handicraft, Home Jewelry Model,Army Green golden Retro Balance
- Webkinz Arctic Polar Bear by Ganz [Toy]
- Trademark Fine Art 1X07220C1219GG Fine Art, 12x19Inch, Multicolor
- HCFSUK Outdoor Folding Chair Portable Fishing Stool Art Student Sketch Travel Small Pony Beach Lined Up Small Bench Medium Structure Solid Material Thick Double Layer Fabric Durable,G
- Humor (for Sword) (Mustard color)
- KLEDDP Toy Model Anime Character Qilongzhu Budo Conference Decoration Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Fried Rice Adults 21cm Toy statue
- Laliva 1pcs Original DYS ESC XSD 30A V2 35S _S Supports Dshot600 Dshot300 for FPV Quadcopter
- Trademark Fine Art The Two of Us Flowers by Fabien Bravin, 12x19
- Generic Jjr c Jjrc Q62 1 16 2.g 4wd OffRoad Military Trunk Crawler Rc Car Remote Control OffRoad Toys Boys Birthday Army Green
- Trademark Fine Art Antique Ship Plan VII Wall Decor by Vision Studio, 14x19
- AquaCraft Tank Bungee Cord Rio 51
- Eaglemoss Marvel Figurine Collection No 28 Mister Fantastic (no mag)
- The Voting Game Create Your Own Expansion
- Amscan 100013 Bride & Groom Toasting Glass, Wedding Tableware, Clear, One Size, 2ct
- Grey and Yellow,Nursery Baby Care Curtains Border with Flowers 42 X72 Indo Treatment Panes
- Pokemon TCG XY11 Steam Siege Booster Box
- Terabithia 18 inch Real Life Reborn Baby Doll,Pretty Dora,Girl Doll Crafted in Vinyl Like Silicone and Weighted Cloth Body
- VIDOO LtK17P 17 Keys pinkwood Plate Africa Kalimba Thumb Piano With Pick Up
- Justin Bieber Ultimate Concert Kit with Singing Microphone
- Magical Mermaid Unicorns Birthday Party Invitations for Girls, 20 5 x7 Fill in Cards with Twenty White Envelopes by AmandaCreation
- Sanho Dynamic Movement Sensory Sock, Medium,69 Years Old, 47''LX27''W orange
- PLAYMOBIL 5545 Life Raft Playset by PLAYMOBIL
- Olivia The Pig 16oz Souvenir Cup by Designware
- QYSZYG Toy Statue Toy Model Cartoon Character Collection Souvenir Birthday Gift 19CM toy
- DC Direct Blackest Night Series 8 orange Lantern Lex Luthor Action Figure
- Baby Secrets 930335 Series 2 Car Park Ride Pack, MultiColour
- DENY Designs Khristian a Howell Nolita Chevrons Woven Rug, 2 by 3Feet
- Balls For Ball Pool Mix Set with Green and White
- Magic the Gathering Plane Chase Deck Chosen at Random
- Bratz Spring Fling 2003 Jade Limited Collector's Edition
- Generic WPL C24 1 16 Scale RC Car Rock Crawler 4WD OffRoad Military Truck Best Toy bluee
- Idea Factory Collar x Malice Unlimited PS Vita SONY Playstation JAPANESE VERSION
- 1 4 Hd Masterpiece Collection terminator Ii T800 Battle Damage Ver Hd1013 (japan import)
- Black Unique Antiique Look Earth Globe Desktop redating World Ocean Geography Table Decor by Globes HubPerfect for Home, Office & Classroom
- Trademark Fine Art The Voice of Yellowstone by R W Hedge, 12x19
- Westco MA7902 Medium Wood Maracas Musical Instrument Toy
- Barbie Valentine's Day 2014 Kelly Chelsea Madison Cupid Doll Set of 3
- EZ Stitch Scroll Rod Molded Hook Tape .375 X3yd 3 Pk
- Dreamgirl Sorcery & Seduction Sorcerer Adult Costume Small
- Glory Fixed Circular Needle Case
- Scott Pilgrim Scott & Ramona Vynl.
- Plush Summer Pink Fantasy Horse 8 by Douglas Cuddle Toys
- Trademark Fine Art Canopy Explorer by RIC Stultz Wall Decor, 14x19(ALI43420C1419GG)
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- Laliva Super Light Modeling Clay Set Air Dry Soft Plasticine Plastilina Play Dough Playdough Polymer Clay DIY Toy 24 colors 36 colors (color 36 colors)
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- Generic Remote Control Air Swimming Shark Luminious Flying Clown Fish Air Ballon Inflatable Helium RC UFO Plane Kids Gift Toy Shark
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Lionel Racing C275821MNPM Paul Menard 27 Menards 2015 Chevy SS 1 24 Scale ARC HOTO Official NASCAR Diecast Car This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Disney Licensed Frozen Princess Elsa and Anna School Backpack by DisneyYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? JunFac 90021 Hardened Universal Shafts for Tamiya CR01Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Brick Building Base Plates by SCS Small 5 x5 Pink and Purple FriendsInspired Baseplates (10 Pack) Tight Fit with All Major Brick Sets