() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?LEGO Nexo Knights 70330 ULTIMATE Clay Mixed
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
LIWEIXKY Landscape Diy Digital Oil Painting On Canvas Acrylic coloring By Numbers Leisure Street Coffee Shop, Framed, 50x60cmHerzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Crawling mat Roscloud Splice Mat, Baby Interlock Foam Mats,Bedroom Splice Floor Mat,Dormitory Home Outdoor (color Green, Size 60 60 1.2cm 12pcs)Most students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
DMIZ Cat Embroidered Backpack Cute Cartoon College Backpack Fashion Backpack Fits Street Travel Rucksack nnhjyl856-Children's Backpacks
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. Yugioh Horus The Black Flame Dragon Lv8 (Lcyw En199) Legendary Collection 3 Yugi's World Limited Edition CommonYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Red Jump Paris School Bag, Black (Black) 8285.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Strike Witches high quality figure Erica Hartmann Fleurs (with posters bonus)
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at Hasegawa HA2239 1 72 AH1S Cobra and Bell UH1H Iroquois Winter Camouflage Combo are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. YuGiOh Skilled bluee Magician (SECEEN032) Secrets of Eternity Super Edition Unlimited Edition Super Rare by YuGiOh There are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Inflatable Bed Inflatable Sofa Lazy Inflatable Lazy Chair Indoor Foldable With Air Pump for Outdoor Party Family Gathering (color bluee)
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Creek Ywh Garden tablecloth fabric cotton and linen small fresh table cloth simple modern rectangular square table cloth Japanese style coffee table cloth, bluee background white point, 100150CM The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. SHUAIGE Wig Bobo Head Female Black Partial Short Wig Any Occasion For Wig Chemical Fiber pink Net Headgear 36cm150gA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. VIDOO 2Pcs Titanium color Metal Front Rear Bridge Axle Set For Wpl Henglong 1 16 Truck Rc CarMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Xtm Racing Bevel Diff (F or R) All XT2 XST Rail
- Sportagraphs Ranulph Fiennes Signed Autograph 10x8 photo display Explorer AFTAL & COA PERFECT GIFT
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
YEHO Art Gallery Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft Kids ThrowBlankets for Girls Boys,Musical Note Black Pattern,Comfortable Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch,49x59inchPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.Type 19 New From Imported Hot Sale Cute Casino Poker Token Coin Shark Design 24k gold Plated Metal Coin Good Quality Round Coin with Security Code Box The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Sportagraphs Jaap Stam SIGNED 10x8 FRAMED Photo Autograph Display Manchester United COA PERFECT GIFT Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Hurdy Gurdy Music Box Tune When You Wish Upon a Star by Music Treasures Co.
- Simply for Kids Loopfiets Diego
- bluee One Size Lounayy Backpack Student in School Backpack Rucksack Travel Kids Backpack Laptop Waterproof Bag Outdoors Student Bag College (color Black, Size One Size)
- Red Tv 106 Willower Creative Violin, Piano, Guitar, Handicraft, Home Jewelry Model,Army Green golden Retro Balance
- Webkinz Arctic Polar Bear by Ganz [Toy]
- Trademark Fine Art 1X07220C1219GG Fine Art, 12x19Inch, Multicolor
- HCFSUK Outdoor Folding Chair Portable Fishing Stool Art Student Sketch Travel Small Pony Beach Lined Up Small Bench Medium Structure Solid Material Thick Double Layer Fabric Durable,G
- Humor (for Sword) (Mustard color)
- KLEDDP Toy Model Anime Character Qilongzhu Budo Conference Decoration Souvenir Collectibles Crafts Fried Rice Adults 21cm Toy statue
- CXyz Comics Hero Legend Arthur(NUMHEN042) Holographic by Pangadgets
- Yuanyuanliu League Of Legends Blind Anime Toy Model Souvenir Collection Crafts
- Greenlight Collectibles Artisan Collection Family Truckster Wagon Queen Vehicle (1 18 Scale)
- STAR WARS Basic Figure Nimodian Commander
- THYGL Waterproof 3D creative door sticker selfadhesive paper decoration bedroom living room wall stickers door stickers stairs
- Sportagraphs Rudi Voller Signed autograph 16x12 photo display Germany Football AFTAL COA
- White DUWENCar Model McLaren 675LT Sports Car Die Casting Model 1 24 Emulation Alloy Car Model Car Toy Model Collection Ornaments (color GREEN)
- Front drive belt 20468T Tamiya TA05VDFII for SVD168F
- Bratz Doll Play Sportz Yasmin Fitness
- Gund Valentine's Rosie 12Inch Plush
- TY Beanie Boo Plush Austin the Dog 15cm (Exclusive) by Ty Beanie Boos
- Disney Palace Pet Pumpkin by Blip Toys
- Interhear Basketball 4 Piece Bedding Printed Duvet Cover Set Queen, Luxury Soft Microfiber for Hotel Bedroom, Picture of Empty Basketball Court Sport Arena with Wood Floor Print
- Sportagraphs LTD Hairy Bikers Signed 10x8 Framed Autograph Photo Display Dave Myers & Si King COA
- World War 2 US vs Germany Chess Set Hand Painted W High Gloss Black & White Board WW2
- XL GRACEART Medieval Victorian Gothic Ball Gown Dress Cosutume
- German 8.8cm L 56 Ammo Shells for Flak 18 36 37, Tiger I (Turned Brass) 148 AFV Club by AFV Club
- JADA 1 64 JUST TRUCKS 2014 WAVE 4 BLACK 2003 DODGE RAM 1500 by Just Trucks
- Sportagraphs Charlie Watts Signed Autograph 10x8 photo display Rolling Stones AFTAL COA
- HO Scale Roadworks Accessories by Kibri
- Poptropica Dr. Hare Pocketeer by Poptropica
- Laptop BackpackBusiness Computer Bag Simple Casual Large Capacity with USB Interface Travel Backpack Student Computer Bag
- Purple Women 810 California Costumes Mystic Seductress Adult Costume
- Corgi 1 64 Scale Eddie Stobart Box Lorry
- McDonald's Happy Meal 2013 Beware The Batman 4 Caped Crusading Batcycle Figure
- Disney Princess 16 Beauty & The Best Belle Toddler Doll
- VpinkLVHOME Nursery Duvet Cover Set Twin Size,Mother Polar Bear and Cub in Forest Winter Season Snowy Weather,Kids Bedding Double Brushed Microfiber,Dark Taupe Pale Green Beige
- THE PUZZLEMAN TOYS W1143 Wooden Educational Jig Saw Puzzle Mushroom
- Fun Express Carnival Circus Party Striped Hanging Ticket Ceiling Decoration
- Magic the Gathering Conflux Theme Deck Intro Pack Esper Air Assault
- Mini servo digital cd3005mg 4,5 kg 0,11sec pinion metal Cobra CD3005MG
- Figuarts ZERO ONE PIECE FILM Z set (bluee pheasant Nami) (japan import)
- Lily&her friends Santa Claus Costume for Man and Woman Father and Mother Christmas Suit Adult Luxury Regal Plush Deluxe Santa Fancy Dress Costume Dress Party Halloween Party Clothing Festive Costume Props Outfit Accessories Christmas Couple Wear (Medium,
- Independence Flag Nylon Maryland Flag, 3 x 5'
- AAAOPOLY Nothern California, Nevada & Utah Edition by Late for the Sky
- TAHK Tank 1 35 7.62mm AKS47 Weapons Resin Detail A123
- Plastic Model Cement Pen by Testors by Testor Corp.
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- Funasshi Soft Vinyl Figure (Limited Edition) (japan import)
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- CAYYOU DIY Decorative paintings Draw on canvas Digital Painting Famous paintings Abstract painting guitar, Framed, 50x60cm
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Vintage Flowers & Leaves Personalised Wedding Stationery Thank You Cards This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Yuneec Fabric Backpack for Typhoon H SeriesYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? School bag exiting leaving school senior's school expedition (japan import)Do you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.MasterPieces John Deere Pumpkins for Sale Puzzle (1000 Piece) by MasterPieces