() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Kato 10454 0 Shinkansen 8 Car AddOn Set (Especially Planned)
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
Trumpeter TR03401 1 700 B25 Mitchell Aircraft Set for USS Hornet (18Box)Herzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Zoobles Princess Soarena & Roary 475 NoveltyMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
HSDDA Party Pet Costume Pet Supplies Misc dog clothes clothing autumn and winter Wine red, Size L Pet Uniform (color Wine red, Size L) Pet nnamov1922-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. USOPHIA Horses 4 Pieces Bed Sheets Set Twin Size, Palomino Horse in Sand Desert with Long Blond Male Hair Power Wild Animal Floral Duvet Cover Set, Purple Grey PeachYou can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Aquarius Pulp Fiction Puzzle (500Piece).
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
(Little Swallow) LtSw Wind Walking Robot DIY Science own Handmade kit Wind Power Beast Mini Beast Strand Beast Free Research
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at QYSZYG Dog Toy Small and MediumSized Dog BiteResistant Teeth Pet Sound Toy Pet Supplies, Three Styles Available pet Toy (color orange) are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. Generic EBOYU(TM) Spare Parts Kit Crash Pack for JXD 509 509W 509G RC Quadcopter DroneThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Guane Hamsa Digital Printing Blanket Curvy Ornate Frame with Antique Religious Motif Floral Ethnic Tattoo Hand of Fatima Summer Quilt Comforter 60 x50 Black White
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.MagiDeal 69'' Large Pop up Foldable School Car Bus Play Tent Playhouse Play House Nursery Hut Ocean Ball Pit Pool Indoor & Outdoor Developmental Toy Kids Pets Game The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Security Blanket Horse Lunarable,Floral Girl Riding Pony in Fantasy Spring Field Butterflies Daisies Girls Room Print,Multicolor All Seasons Couch Blanket Travelling Camping Blanket 60 x62 A medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. Ouye Men's Checked Plaid Transparent Shirt Large BlackMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Girls Throw Blanket Fashion Show with Catwalk Mannequins Audience Supermodel Human Crowd Illustration Digital Printing 60 x50 White Black
- CobeDecor 1st Birthday Patterned Tablecloth Kids Party with Baby Safari Animals Zebra Lion Balloons Backdrop colorful DustProof Tablecloth 70 x70 Multicolor
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Eagle Visible H480 Remote Controller Modified Extended Range Refitting Antenna Omnidirectional Signal Booster for YUNEEC Typhoon H480Perhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.color14 W47.25 xL78.74 AmaUncle Soft and Breathable Flannel Blanket, African American Girl Singing with Saxophone Player Popular Sound Design(W47.25 xL78.74) with Printed Design for All Seasons The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Triangle 10pcs Rainbow color Carriage Pearl Cage Beads Cage Locket Pendant DIY Jewelry Making Accessoriesfor Oyster Pearls, Essential Oil Diffuser, Fun Gifts (Carriage) Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Final Fantasy VIII Squall Leonhart Action Figure
- Znzbzt Bedroom Living Room Decoration Ideas Wallpaper Ceiling Wall Sticker Mural,02 3D Magic Ceiling, King
- Ghost Rider BLAZE SPIRITS OF VENGEANCE CYCL
- VIMMUCIR Home Decor Pineapple Blanket Soft Warm Throw Blankets for Bed Sofa Lightweight Travelling Camping 50 x 60 Inch for Kids Adults
- Small Foot 10583 Display Motley Prism
- HorrorShop Star Wars Rey Kids Costume Deluxe M
- BAONZEN Dinosaur Unicorn Pony Doll Plush Toys Ugly Cute Doll Sleep Pillow Birthday Gift Boy Girl, Pattern. Dinosaur Green, 60cm
- YEHO Art Gallery 49x59 Inch Flannel Fleece Bed Blanket Soft ThrowBlankets for Girls Boys,colorful Jelly Fish Pink Pattern,Cozy Lightweight Blankets for Bedroom Living Room Sofa Couch
- Kipling Schoolbag, Poppy Red (Red) K1538114B
- FS5106R Continuous redation 360 degree 6kg.cm Ball Bearing Servo Arduino by FEETECH
- ALAZA Sport Tennis Ball Soccer Basketball Baseball Area Rug Rugs for Living Room Bedroom 5'3 x 4'
- Mythic Battles Board Game by Iello
- Thomas & Friends FisherPrice Wood, Busy Island Set
- Smile Precure [352P Puzzle] Cure Beaty
- Mxfans 2.2inch Hex Hub Spoke Wheel Rim 135mm Black S Pattern Rubber Inflatable Tire & golden Aluminium Alloy Beadlocks RC1 10 Largefoot Rock Crawler Set of 4
- Black Creations Hunter Killer 2 Movie Poster Canvas Picture Art Print Premium Quality A0 A1 A2 A3 A4 (A0 Canvas (30 40))
- German. country post in Belgium 25I 1916 Germania (Stamps for collectors)
- Large Microscope Table Stand for Stereo Microscopes
- Art Wall Dean Uhlinger 'Patricks Point Twilight' Gallery Wrapped Canvas Artwork, 14 by 18Inch
- Zodiak Sand Filled Footbag, Red by Dirtbag
- TEDCO Seismosaurus 4D Puzzle by TEDCO
- Peek A Boo Plush Toy, Foonee Peek A Boo Rabbit Animated Stuffed Animal Plush
- Multi 5 Twin BULING Adventure 4pc Bedding Set Twin Size, Life in The Forest Theme Boho Details Antlers Tree Branches and Feathers Floral Lightweight Microfiber Duvet Cover Set, Charcoal Grey White
- Tiki Luau Party Decorations Tropical Hawaiian Summer Party Welcome Yard Sign
- Ultimate Guard Standard Size 100 Plus Monolith Deck Case (Petrol bluee) by Ultimate Guard
- Slam Dunk Toilet Basketball Set by Collections Etc
- Teen Titans Puppet Robin 5 Action Figure
- Laliva RC Airplane Spare Part CAPC12X6E 1260 12 INCH Propeller (L=30.5CM) for Airplane RC Model
- Coffee 100200CM 39.478.7 Solid Rectangle Soft Cozy Shaggy Area Rug Fluffy Thick Carpet Floor Mat for Home Living Bedroom Kids red
- The Stupell Home Decor Bee Mine Drawing on Wood Framed Giclee Texturized Art, Multicolor
- Win Green Bean Bag, bluee Natural, 62 cm x 30 cm
- Xaviera Doherty Beach Blanket Anime,Kids Happy Rainbow Clouds Microfiber All Season Blanket for Bed or Couch Multicolor 50 x60
- Sandtastik Peel N Stick Sand Art Board 3 Butterfly and Ladybug
- Squinkies Memory Match Game by Blip Toys
- The Petting Zoo Bright Eyes Plush Pocketz Penguin 10 Inches by The Petting Zoo
- Right hand thredtle Ocamo Jumper T8SG V2.0 Plus Hall Gimbal MultiPredocol Advanced 2.7 OLED Transmitter for Flysky Frsky
- SXETModel car Model Car Alloy Car Model 1 32Range Rover VelarSUV Sound And Light Toy Car Pull Back Vehicle Model Ornaments (color BLACK)
- Trademark Fine Art Kissing The Moon by Winslow Homer, 14x19
- NerF NStrike RaptorStrikE Elite AccuStrikE
- The Simpsons Living Room Playset with Exclusive Marge & Maggie
- Funko Pop Anime One Piece Vinsmoke Sanji Vinyl Figure (Includes Pop Box Predector Case)
- TimMee Toy TANKS for Plastic Army Men Green WW2 3pc Made in USA by Tim Mee
- Mangooly Wall Painting Prints Turtle,Tropics Turtle Aquarium 48 x32 for Boys Room Baby Nursery Wall Decor Kids Room Boys Gift
- Wiking 014203 MB 500 SL Cabriolet (top down) beryl bluee metallic (1 87) by Wiking
- 2014 The New Shell Vpower Lego Collection Shell Station 40195 Exclusive Sealed by LEGO
- Duvet Cover Set Full Size Cartoon Pulsatile Beating Red Heart Image Lightweight Microfiber Duvet Cover Sets
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- May Arts Ribbon 1.5 gold Reversible Satin Ribbon, 4281525, Burgundy gold, 25 yd
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- Blanket Comfort Warmth Soft Cozy Air Conditioning Fleece Blanket Perfect for Couch Sofa Or Bed,Girls,Famous y Girl Model Posing with Full Body Features Heart Tattoo on Thigh Make Up,Black White,59.0
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Fantastic Beasts 2 Wand Spielman Noble Collection Replicas This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
1 64 Minideko NEXT series No.10 couple ship (full trailer) (japan import)You will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Tinkerbell Elf Pendant Clear Cubic Zirconia gold ToneDo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Plastic Train Internal Combustion Engine Locomotive Toy for Sand Table Model Scenery Accessories